Top bar with buy button.

The top bar is literally breaking the plugin’s functionality, why does Envato dose not allows removing it at least to add a button with remove or something?

In my case, all my plugins have buy buttons that direct the user to the Envato page.

1 Like

For a consistent user interface, they have chosen to shatter their user experience. They were said to be looking for alternatives a couple years ago when we sounded the alarm about this here on the forums, but so far nothing has been done.

The current “solution” for authors is to simply change their live demo to a button that opens it in a new tab. A growing number of authors are doing this with success. I was doing it too, until they took down my item for a “missing live demo”. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know but this is not alwas the case… plus for some plugins a main page is a must to create a landing page it will only make things more complicated, a remove button it will be a good idea …

As I’m sure you’re aware, there used to be a remove button, but they got rid of it. I wouldn’t expect them to backtrack on that decision, especially as they’ve had no issues with leaving it in an entirely broken state for multiple years now.

A remove button is not the solution. Live demos are, as you mentioned, literally broken. The iframes need to be removed – entirely.

I’m not sure if this is the exact problem you’re facing, as there are some iframe sandboxing rules that will break certain functionality, but the larger issue is that cookies, local storage, and service workers no longer work in iframes when “third party cookies” are blocked by the browser. Some browsers have already enabled this, and authors don’t realize their demos are broken for many users.

Just wait until next year, when Chromium enables that option by default. We’re in for a ride.

Yes that is the issue a lot of functionality dose not work because of the iframe forcing so the client might think the plugin is broken!

1 Like

Yep. And, while a remove button would be nice, they would still think the plugin is broken. Only a small subset of users who are familiar with these restrictions would think to click the remove button.

You could make a case that you’ll update the demo to detect the iframe and ask the user to click the button… but it’s still broken for everyone else, so it’s best to remove the iframe entirely. For some reason, Envato is petrified of this idea, to the extent they’ll lose significant sales before addressing it.

:man_facepalming:

Exactly, very wired decision from Envato…

1 Like