The Sales Monitor

I already said how you would do that. Based on analysis of past experiences with this type of customers.

There are also external solutions like maxmind minFraud, etc.

Can you give me an example of such experiences, aside from initiating a sales reversal? Iā€™m guessing people who conduct fraudulent sales reversals search for items, add them to their cart, checkout and download themā€¦ just like everybody else. Is there anything specific you can think of that would raise a red flag?

As you metnioned reversals initiated in the past (I think they already get suspended for this).
Fake names, incomplete addresses, etc. there are plenty of them. I donā€™t have access to the orders database to compute particularities but I am sure there are some matching.

I think Iā€™ve already had plenty of talks on this, good night.

Yes, previous reversals result in a blocked account so they canā€™t buy anything else. As for names and addresses, how would you prove Iā€™m Bananaman from 29 Acacia Road, as opposed to Prince Adam from Castle Greyskull? The only way you could do it is to ask for scanned passports (if Eternia even issue passports) and some kind of utility bill/statement from all buyersā€¦ and nobody is going to want to do that. Would you do it on iTunes, or Amazon or Ebay etc?

And the thing is, even if you know somebodyā€™s real name and real address, that doesnā€™t stop them from initiating a reversal. What would happen differently with a reversal where you know their real name compared to one you donā€™tā€¦ not much. Would we all pile round to their house and break their legs?

Itā€™s always nice to see people trying to figure out a way to protect authors and Envato, Iā€™m sure your heart is in the right placeā€¦ but I often find that people donā€™t really think their ideas through. Itā€™s not like Envato sit around doing nothing all day and their success is based on pure luck. Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™ve considered stuff like this, and if thereā€™s no solution yet, then thereā€™s probably a very good reason for it. Unless we hit the jackpot with some crazy hair-brain idea, then itā€™s unlikely weā€™re going to come up with some kind of solution in the forums over an hour or two worth of discussion, when itā€™s an issue Envato have had to deal with for over ten years.

But yes, good night!

Youā€™ve got me wrong.

I didnā€™t say Envato sits around doing nothing. I always strongly appreciate Envato in all cases.
I just felt everyone exposes their ideas here so I had to put up mine. Which was thought through.

I didnā€™t just throw it but baked it with further ideas instead.

So please donā€™t be defensive as Iā€™m as friendly and well intended as one could be.

Happy Easter Everyone.

But how would your suggestion help, thatā€™s my point? How would it reduce or eliminate sales reversals?

2 days with no sales. Very strange for the middle of the week

The opposite here. Had a couple of weeks with nothing too special and then today is the best day of the month and yesterday was my second best day of the month.

I have a solution if envato make a script for everydownload with unique number in expressions
Whenever pirate upload hi first project we can check his account details and we can prevent furthur more frauds it will end up with one or two projects

I thought we were on about sales reversalsā€¦ thatā€™s a whole different barrel of otters.

As you said for envato is not a big deal to make a script that can deploy a secret code in after effects expressions section.
I will give you the benfit by preventing pirate sites one of my project is widely distributed and i removed it from google search engine then later trying to remove from all the filesharing sites. Before that that file never got a single purchase in 6 months and after sending 126 dmca to sites and google it started selling every week with 2 or 3 sales

If a pirate purchases the project in the begining and upload it to the pirate sites then we can easily know whos account done that using this method it may end up with one project download .

Simply allow to download the project only when the payment is made sure to be real.

Six months later?

I think this is the most real option at the moment, check everything before allowing the download, there would be a discrimination. My sales are very low these days too.
Happy Easter Everyone!! :eye:

Or another idea- simply ask random piece of information againā€¦ like please enter your address again or please enter your name again. Chances are that they will not be able to enter the fake name or fake address again which was simply thought out on the spot.

Relax, guys. Nobody will do nothing with this. :innocent:

Some fun fact from me : Your last sale was $17 3 days ago.
Yeah, lets have some fun! :sunny:

really ? ?

actually you sad that ENVATO have money (on Bank account) six month latter - ha hahahahhha