The Sales Monitor

At last! Sale reversal from United States! I am in club guys!:grin:

So far I have got only 2 sale reversal since from the beginning :laughing:

Again sale reversalā€¦ again USA

Try contacting envato support @cyzer

I got one but it was purchased in december using envato credit it is not using paypal or credit card

A sale reversal for me too! SINCE NOV 2016

Envato needs to try and be a step ahead of scammers as they seem to innovate ways to steal our hard earned pennies.

Also here reversal coming from Australiaā€¦on August 11.

What would you suggest?

Thatā€™s curious, Envato withdraw money from customers same moment ( i guess) when they purchase item.
Even with slacking, if itā€™s fale purchase should notice it after few days, not after 5 monthsā€¦

My sales have continued to slow down for several months nowā€¦ I wish we could compare to a total sales number to see if it is a larger trendā€¦ Are all sales down, or just the unlucky? Also, does anyone else sell on other marketplaces? Are they any better?

hi ssf,
I feel you are more clever in these things
Iam asking you what would you suggest
I did not understand one thing how a person can get sales reversal of an item which purchased through envato credit I never had a such a sale reversal yet.

There are programmatic ways of analysing past experiences based on fraudulent users behaviour and applying that for guessing future scammer sales.

There are also lots of anti-fraud systems.

There are also ways to make users enter their real name and address ( most of the scam sales use names like xyjjjsjx etcsjkjds etc. )

And what canā€™t be done on improving.

It is the fake customer who either pays with a forged card or opens a dispute with their bank who steals the money from authors & Envato itself. Not Envato creates reversals.

Like a pre-crime division?

Something like that but mostly based on automatic software computation rather than human.

So you want computers to punish humans based on something that they havenā€™t done yet, and might never do. What could go wrong?!

Punish is a harsh word. Prevention is what you need.

My 2 cents.

So you go to buy something that you need for a client project, and a machine based algorithm prevents you from doing soā€¦ youā€™d be fine with that?

No,

The point is to find a way to prevent fraudulent orders not legit ones.

And how would you do that? If it was that easy, then Envato probably would have done it alreadyā€¦ Iā€™m sure they dislike sales reversals just as much as authors do.