Support, what's that? sale sale sale sale sale....

Hi, I just would like to MOAN A BIG DEAL!

And yes, I am a beginner with themes and word press etc. etc. (a long list…) I would like to say that the support is unbeatably miserable. No responsibility, ohm and oh empathy ?!? And, I hope I must not feel guilty mentioning this word (shall I translate for what it stands for?)…

NO service ONLY sale! No sale NO service! (but I paid already a lot for the theme…) and anyway no telephone service, even better for them to hide and deliver bad service if at all…

And when I finally could talk to them it’s mostly like a real human robot as they not even listened to what I said. It seems very stereotypical and they also seem to have very high expectations of who would ask them for support. Actually they should calm down a bit! In all their business and arrogance! The only time I got the support I needed was when I rang them (and I paid a high telephone charge)

Finally, it’s sad that customer service has come down so tremendously! All for the money! Service, what’s that?

You can’t even search the word customer service in this forum, no topic with the word is coming up!

…OK guys, I feel better now! Have a lovely day…

Moan Tags *word press, *envato *codecanyon *qode *blue host

It’s a great platform but sometimes it may happen.

With which specific author and product you had a bad & miserable experience.

If possible please share that link because it’s one of the best & great platforms so with any of the support work simply just have a discussion with that author and whoever you had a bad experience with simply just discuss with author and he will fix it up for you