Support expired, theme update bugged the site support won't help

To make a long story short, after an update trough Envato WP plugin a theme that I bought who’s support expired lost all custom fields in a specific plugin of the theme that was developed by the same devs who made the theme. The support is saying that its impossible and so on… I just asked them to tell me which files to replace on hosting because I did make a backup and they are requesting that I renew my support. Are they right even tho the theme is not working after the update?
Keep in mind that if they used 3rd party plugin I would try to find another way to fix this.
Thank you.

Hi,

Increase support or
Contact with your purchase item author hope they will helped!

1 Like

It did not really help but ok.

Envato Market WordPress Plugin helps customers receive updates to their premium WordPress Themes & Plugins purchased through Envato Market (ThemeForest & CodeCanyon). But theme bundle plugins can not be updated using Envato Market WordPress Plugin. You have to downloads the updated version of the theme from your Envato account Download page and have to update the plugin(s) manually.

I am not sure but I think if the plugin updated version has come with the updated theme version then plugin update can fix the issue.

Thanks

I know… I updated everything. This issue is tied to Custom Fields Section of the theme witch is the part of the theme developed by the guys who made the theme. All the custom fields were deleted and replaced with the default fields in the theme. Rendering website useless.

If you are using child theme and updated theme regular basis then parent theme update should not effect on the website. Theme author can tell more about this.