When you buy a theme does your license keep it updated forever or do you need to re-buy it each year?

I am trying to troubleshoot a webpage made 4 years ago with Enfold theme of Themeforest. It says it is running version 4.2 and that this is the latest, but when I look it up I see that the current version is 4.5.1. So why won’t it update?

If you need to support your theme, you should buy extra support. Maybe, the theme doesn’t send a notification to buyers when this update is approved but you can download latest and update your theme.

Hi

In envato market each item purchase payment only for one time mean if you purchase any item you will get updated version for lifetime. For getting Author support after 6 month of purchase you have to pay.
About update notification are you using Envato market plugin? Envato market plugin will notify you wordpress themes and plugins update info. and you will be able to update your theme using this plugin from wp-admin.

You can get this plugin from here: https://envato.com/market-plugin/

Thanks

Hi,

I installed the plug in and then it said there was an update available. The first time I tried to update the theme (from 4.2. to 4.5.7) it said “a valid URL was not provided.”

I tried a second time and it said that the theme had updated successfully but then I went back and it said I was still running version 4.2! What the heck?

Hi

Please check theme documentation how to update the theme. May be you can use ftp to update manually but please best thing keep a full backup before doing any update.

Otherwise please contact theme Author and let them know How to Contact your purchased theme Author, theme author will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Thanks