Soft Rejected - Please help me please :(

Hey! Okay so in total i have created 4 different projects 2 got hard and 2 got soft rejected.
It’s my 4th project which got soft rejection, but i am not going to surrender. :smiley:

So on my this new project reviewer said :slightly_smiling:

Unfortunately ‘WordPress’ has higher standards in terms of aesthetics. An approved design in other categories does not guarantee an approval under ThemeForest’s WordPress category. Your design has an interesting starting concept, but it needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to details. As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality. The content area is pretty generic and plain, and it will need more imaginations. The overall typography looks plain and the visual hierarchy is weak. Part of the content is difficult / too small to read as well. There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding as well as alignment issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.

http://photontechs.com/themes/cuisine/

Hello themevendros,

In my opinion:

1. The slider could be more developed. It should show something more because now it shows only open hours table.

2. Quote section is definitely too high.

3. The section under “Our Cooks” needs something more. Maybe some nice icons?

4. The footer needs work. White color doesn’t fit.

I hope this will help.

Thank you !
Any one else please…

I agree with webdoone.

Sliders can be more developed it should show more of the stuff , maybe use some kind of layered sliders or something.

Quote section as well seems to be quite empty fill it with some other stuff , such as image on right and with some nice icons maybe quote icons around the quote.

on section our cooks , i would suggest you to leave the slide that comes up on cover to be already visible and when someone hovers on it , make it cover the image and center the button full profile

Footer needs to be highlighted , white doesn’t make it look more professional , maybe use some light black , or soft blue, and add some little image grid widget in it with search box and if possible one should also be able to add the mini map there .

on blog post page , add some lightbox on image click , if the images opens in light box it looks good. also add or show variations of typography inside you post paragraphs

You should add some more spacing between the items here: http://drops.imithemes.com/eQTc

Overall part where you have staff and features listings is looking pretty plain and basic, you should try adding some unique design parts in between both the sections.

And yes, as everyone suggested work on the footer. It is looking bland IMO

Thank you so much, would love to see some more feedback, as i have made some changes.

The reviewer said it all !

I would advise you to rethink about your typography using serif font makes it look plain, maybe slab font can be good.
I used my browser tools to play a little with your design here you are a screenshot of what I did maybe can give you some inspire.

Also you need to rethink about your from menu section.

Adding some animations can help here you are a good plugin can help with the animations.

Wish you good luck !

dont uppercase cursive font, never ever!

http://photontechs.com/themes/cuisine/product/blueberry-chicken/

also, the demo looks incomplete.