Soft rejected again - Coming Soon Template

Hi fellows,

I would like to get some feedback on my coming soon / under construction page.
I made this template about 5 months ago, but it was soft rejected for 2 times and I felt kind of disappointed because I put a lot of time and effort into making it. After several months I returned to it and completely recreated it design-wise.

Stil, today I received this soft-rejected status again:

“Your item does not provide the necessary design quality to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality designs become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality. While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.”

So what do you guys think about the template? Here is the link to demo page: here

What should I do to get it approved? Is it really that bad or is it just subjective opinion of reviewer?

Thanks for all your constructive feedback.

The concept is quite nice (BTW You have avoidable validation issues) but if you had not told us I may not have realised it was a coming soon template e.g. no counter or obvious content except the smaller subtitle - this could make it confusing and appear more like a site template whereby it may not really be enough

Hello Charlie, thanks for feedback.

What are those avoidable validation issues you mentioned?

I agree that I do not have countdown (so far), but I guess acceptance / rejection should not fall on having / not having countdown. Actually I was planning to do version with countdown in next update after acceptance. Previous version had one, but I removed it since it did not fit into layout.

But I would be very happy if you wrote something more about those validation issues. It is 11 months since my last approval, so I guess there have been some changes I did not catch. Would appreciate it very much if you can help.

Not serious https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fmata.ceosdesigns.sk%2FSTATIC%2Findex.html but still avoidable and when there is not so much to go on a reviewer is likely to check.

RE: the countdown - I agree it prob wouldn’t be grounds for rejection necessarily - it’s more about ensuring it is treated as a coming soon file and the potential for it to be mistaken for a full site template in which case there is not really enough to it.

Oh, you mean this kind of validation. Of course, totally forgot to do this one. I was excited to send it for review. I can fix all that and will fix it.

But I am afraid, that reviewer considers my design as main flaw of template, which I can do nothing about, since I consider it good enough for quality level of marketplace.

Some more observations guys? Any more advice apart from charlie’s? Thanks in advance.

Your design html is good but you have that case to @charlie4282 because he know more that I, good luck regards.

Thank you Jeri, I already fixed issues with validation as charlie suggested. Going to upload for re-review today, hopefully :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing more to come take long to load the page. You have to optimize it

From my point of view the design is the main problem.

Typography is still not good enough to have comflictos line height …

The most selected images cause great disorder and ruin the harmony of design.

Try to be more creative.

The standards are constantly increasing TF please cuaneta that please

Good luck