[SOFT REJECT] need feedbacks

Hi envato community ,
Yesterday i got the third email tha tsays ‘Your uploaded item needs improvement’ .

the reviwer said this:

1. VISUAL HIERARCHY: The visual hierarchy of this item requires additional work. Focus on better defining which areas of this item should demand more attention and creating a logical structure to the design. For more information, please read: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/an-introduction-to-hierarchy-webdesign-14947

2. SPACING AND ALIGNMENT: There are spacing and alignment issues in this item. Please make sure that all elements are aligned properly and spacing is consistent from section to section. Here are some articles with more information regarding negative space and proper spacing: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/using-white-space-or-negative-space-in-your-designs--webdesign-3401,\ http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/adding-space-to-your-designs--webdesign-14836

3. COLOR PALETTE: The chosen color palette requires additional work. For more information, see: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/an-introduction-to-color-theory-for-web-designers--webdesign-1437

4. Please improve the content sections of this item.

this was the design submited:

and this is the design that i want now to submit (i didn’t include the images yet images):

please if there is any error that needs to fix don’t hesitate to provide me with a feedback about it .

It is a super saturated category and I think you will struggle with one page PSDs there.

The design will need more to it to make it stand out and offer premium value and demonstrate more (but relevant) features.

Images aside:

• Typography needs work especially in the about section e.g. line height, alignment, spacing etc. and contact area

• section margins and padding appear inconsistent

• a lot of empty spacing around the testimonials

1 Like

thanks @charlie4282 for your feedback :slight_smile:
in first review he said that it’s recommended to use 1.5em line height (18em) and that’s what i’ve did.
i didn’t get that ‘section margins and padding appear inconsistent’ , the margins and paddings in the second PSD are equal .

Based on that image it looks (in my view at least) that the about copy needs greater line height and the “MY story” and buttons don’t really work aligned center.

The italics in the contact form definitely would look better normal.

Again maybe just my view but the top/bottom padding seems greater/less on different sections. Arguably it is the divider sections like testimonials and progress bars that seem different to the other ones like about so it may be intentional.

It’s not bad but for any PSD needs to be pixel perfect so rooms for improvement and I would still be looking to find extras features to add.

1 Like

Hello @H-theme.

Based on the available images and the provided feedback, here are a few recommendations:

• The spacing between the header’s content and the navigation bar and the scroll-down button is not symmetrical. I would recommend you to stick to the first header style and adjust the spacing.
  • The colours in both cases are too bright. Why don’t you try a darker shade from Flat UI Colors?
  • Can’t say much about Visual Hierarchy since you have not posted the image of the entire template.

Have a good day.

1 Like

thanks alot @EdgeCodeLTD for your feedback , it’s really useful :slight_smile:
for your third point i posted the hole design page , you need just to click on it to be displayed :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

Sorry, I didn’t think of expanding the image. Now that I have checked the entire page, I may be able to give you a few more recommendations.

• Add appropriate header text above the qualifications section (the one with progress bars).
  • Move the social media icons from your footer to the bottom copyright footer.
  • Add 3-4 columns in the footer containing various information (e.g. Company, About)

Have a nice day.

1 Like

@charlie4282 @EdgeCodeLTD this the design that i submited and Rejected again :frowning: please if you can give me som instructions . and thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I don’t think that contact info above the footer works really but even then you still have the issue of crowded categories and your design ,while not being bad just not offering anything that so many others already so, many of which are also coded and working.

One pagers are very very hard in any category but add in the PSD side of it and you are facing probably the toughest approach possible

1 Like

Thank you @charlie4282 i get the point i’ll add some extra pages :wink: