Should Envato recruite new AudioJungle reviewers?

Hello, musical talents of the Envato Market!

I hope you all are coping with the current emergency in the safest and healthiest way.

Since January 2020, the AJ reviewing queue for new submissions has expanded from 2 days to a whopping 16 days (3 days added in the past two weeks only!). I also noticed that this increase in the reviewing queue is quite unique to AudioJungle, with all the other markets spanning from 1 (3DOcean) to 9 (GraphicRiver) days at the most.

Since I believe it is quite obvious that reviewing an audio submission isn’t more time-consuming than, for example, reviewing a website template (ThemeForest is now at 1 day), I guess this has something to do with an increased number of submissions in AudioJungle compared to any other market.

Hence, my questions:

• does Envato need to recruit more AJ reviewers to keep the queue at a reasonable length?
  • if yes, is it possible to submit an application for the position?

And out of curiosity, does the health emergency currently affecting the planet have anything to do with this?

Best,
Luigi.

6 Likes

Well it would be nice if they put some open application for at least 2 new reviewers.

The reviewing queue has just reached 18 days as I am writing this (19 days for Music Packs).
It was just 1-2 days only 4 months ago as this seems to be unique to AJ.

It would be great to have some insights about this from the Envato team.

Actually, staff has addressed this issue a couple days ago. Have a look at this post.

In any case, as a veteran author, you know the queue has varied in length from less than an hour to more than 30 days, over the years. They will find a way to bring the queue down.

Hi, @PurpleFog,

Thanks for pointing out that post for me. I didn’t notice that thread and you can see that my post is almost 3-week old.

I will reply there.
Thanks again.

:smiley:

Hi @Manriquedelara,

I don’t think it is a matter of lack of patience. My question was absolutely legitimate considering the great discrepancy between the reviewing time for AudioJungle compared to any other market.

VideoHive, 1.5 million items: 3 days average
AudioJungle, 1.1 million items: 18 days avg
GraphicRiver, 800 thousand items: 5 days avg.

I was not complaining at all.
I was genuinely interested in knowing what makes AudioJungle so different from any other market.

1 Like

Audiojungle authors; 21144
VideoHive; 10858
…

Maybe this is the reason of the queued. Some of us still remember when the queued was 33 days. 18-19 days, yes, too much, but…

2 Likes

:rofl:

Still, two times the number of authors corresponds to 6 times the length of the reviewing time. Something that doesn’t make sense also considering the number of items selling at VideoHive.
And I don’t believe that reviewing a music track or a logo or a sound effect is more difficult than reviewing a video or, even worse, an After Effect or Premiere template.

So my question still stands: should Envato recruit more reviewers for AudioJungle?
This is not just to shorten the queue per se. If all the queues were equally long, I would not ask any question… But this discrepancy should at least trigger some concerns.

1 Like

AJ authors upload way more often than VH authors. I wouldn’t be surprised if the amount of AJ submissions were more than 6 times the number of VH submissions.

The influx of submission is higher than usual. It will probably decrease soon. I don’t think it makes sense for Envato as a company to hire more reviewers. The queue length has very little impact on business. It merely test the patience of authors. Thus, I don’t see it as a priority for them.

2 Likes

In the last month there are more than 1000 new users in Audiojungle, is it not about the items selling, is it about the items the people is trying to upload.

When lot of this people start to work again this queued will be shorter.

1 Like

This makes more sense only if we implied that the authors of any other market don’t upload at the same rate. I would be curious to look at those stats for psychological and sociological reasons.

Compared to any other market, it almost looks like it is easier to put together a music track than any other type of media. Which is somehow a concerning benchmark of how crowded this field is, in comparison to any other. After all, not only musicians have been isolated, I presume…

Or maybe the answer is somewhere else: maybe it is easier to BELIEVE you can compose a track rather than to shoot a picture or create a video or design a vector graphic. Another concerning trend of the music industry, I think.

Take a look about all those clone authors uploading the same template… :wink:

Sometimes when i am bored, i surf in those portfolios trying to find the “rebel and different song”, i use to do it like a game. I laugh a lot. Just for fun. Lot of fun. :rofl:

Well, that’s definitely a plague but it looks like this market is designed to make you prefer cloning over being original or even inventive. I know people who download the best selling tracks, import them in their DAW and work on the same structure, bar by bar, progression by progression. It saddens me profoundly. Nevertheless, I understand the needs to keep the catalog consistent to its nature.

Ironically, I have been uploading Logos and Idents, lately, and found that it allows for a much broader variety of stylistic approaches.

Music is dead as an art, is all about monkey business…

PS; :joy:

I don’t even dare calling my music art. Yet, I prefer to enjoy the process. Whenever I am asked (or forced) to clone something, it feels so depressing.

i like to think every creation is art.

Even when it’s Inspiring Upbeat Motivational Happy Art

1 Like

Even.

:rofl:

Ah, and those titles are probably the saddest part of this market. Something we all abide by in the hope to emerge from the crowd.

1 Like