sale reversal

I had a reversal of the sale of my track after it was bought anyone had this, I want to know what the reason is.

A sale reversal is due to transaction cancelation at the payment gateway level. Either a stolen credit card was used to buy the track or the buyer cancelled the transaction thinking it was a way to get a refund. There is nothing Envato can do unfortunately, as the money is reversed by the payment provider. Buyers who do that have their account locked.

2 Likes

Hi,

A sales reversal occurs when a purchase is reversed by the payment provider (eg. payment gateway or bank) through either a credit card or Paypal account. Reversals are enforced by the payment provider and actioned in accordance with their policies. As an author, your statement will be updated to reflect the reversed transaction.

More info about Sales-Reversal:

Thanks

1 Like

what should I do now?

Nothing you can do, but swallow this bitter pill, I’m afraid. You could investigate who the buyer was to make sure they are not using your music (ContentID may help). But, don’t expect much. It’s best to think as if the sale had never occurred (easier said than done, I know).

1 Like

Yes you are right, thank you for your help

it happened to me too, it is very annoying but there is nothing to do.

1 Like

Yes now there will be doubt in every purchase

i hope it won’t happen again.

1 Like

Yes I hope so too