Request for Policy Update Regarding Rating Removal Criteria

Dear Team,

@KingDog and @Benleong

According to the rating removal policy, reviews should be removed or updated if they are posted or updated more than 6 months from the date of purchase. However, without the customer purchase code, it’s not possible to ascertain the purchase date. Additionally, the rating does not display the purchase date, which leads me to believe that the development team may have overlooked this aspect. Could you update this policy so that the 6-month calculation can be used without showing the purchase date in the rating tag, thus allowing adherence to the aforementioned removal policy?

3 Likes

Seems like lots of work on the backend, I don’t think it’d be happening anytime soon.

It may cause some additional issues, for example, I know some people purchasing the item when it has lower price and waiting to be used for later projects. In addition, most of the negative reviews is a result of lack of support or non-updated item issues. Some authors are not updating their items over a year or longer and has lots issues. What would happen if the item is unable to use but 6 months period is over? What if the buyer purchased an extra support then unable to get the support but can’t review the item?

Yes. But depending on policy I am raising important valid point.

What’s the point of review if it’s gonna be removed after 6 months? You can ignore all of the clients for 6 months and get 1.0 rate/review, then start over?

Apart from that, Envato won’t mess with their system for this kind of update, it will require lots of work, testing, etc… which it won’t gain anything financial to them.

2 Likes

No, I don’t want to remove all the ratings after 6 months. If a rating needs to be reported based on the 6-month policy, how can I obtain the date of purchase? If a customer hasn’t contacted support or hasn’t provided a purchase code, what is the procedure for reporting?

2 Likes

The customer’s review contains inaccuracies. The Envato team only accepts removals based on their removal policy. The documentation is regularly updated alongside the product, and the code is always open source, allowing for easy customization. The customer did not attempt to contact support. Even if the customer is dissatisfied, we are willing to assist with a refund. However, rating removel policy only allows for assistance in removing a rating after six months from the purchase date. This policy is implemented to maintain fairness for authors and prevent unrelated ratings. Every rating holds significance in determining the author’s overall rating.

Check it.

1)Documentation is incredibly outdated.
2)Code that is not customizable at all

You can’t make everyone happy. There’d be still some people going to rate the item lower if they have a bad day or whatever.

My point is, as it’s important, just do your best and leave professional reply/comments for the rating. I see some authors are “fighting/arguing” with the buyers in a weird way, as long as you keep your professionalism, you should be fine.

1 Like

This actually seems like a fake review to me. Worth sending it over to Author Support - https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us

Might be a fake account with 1 purchase that is just a competitor. I know Envato looks very throughly into this and if it’s a competitor, they’re going to have a very bad time!

I’m not saying this is 100% the case, but worth sending a message regardless to ease your mind! :blush:

Cheers!

1 Like

You can check “mpm1122” this is not genuine customer clearly understand fake rating this customer using with chatgpt text composition but I have contacted customer support they have not deleted because they only stick the removal policy. This case we are struggling with competitors support team also not investigating the reports property who is help professional and full-time author/companys ? here.Reviews for Ynex – Bootstrap Admin Dashboard HTML Template

here.Reviews for Ynex – Bootstrap Admin Dashboard HTML Template

Less likely it’s a fake account, the account is 10 years old.

The account was created this year, but the review is entirely false, intentially created by a competitor. Unfortunately, there is no alternative available to remove it.

@SPRUKO

I wouldn’t even worry about this - when I read this so-called review by the person concerned, I got bored after reading the paragraphs of endless rambling by them. You’re an elite author with over 200 items plus whereas they are some sort of keyboard warrior with a sad life.

Don’t lose sleep over it my friend.

1 Like

Am I looking at the wrong place?

mpm1122
New Zealand, Member since May 2013

1 Like

We tried reporting a fake review, and the Envato staff said there’s nothing that can be done on their side. The review was due to a missing feature and they used the “Feature Availability” category. So yeah, you can’t do anything about fake reviews from your competitors, especially if they used the “Feature Availability” tag :joy:

Review url ?

The most commendable practice we’ve observed on Envato is when customers actively engage in multiple reviews and updates themselves. However, today, we encountered an individual resorting to blackmail through reviews, and I am willing to share the corresponding screenshot. It appears that this person’s feedback is influenced by their current state of mind – if positive, they write well about the product, but if their circumstances change, such as not actively using the item, they may express negativity, despite the 24x7 support provided by our team.

[image removed by moderator]

Even the Envato team refuses to remove the review; they exhibit laziness in supporting their customers. It’s unclear what our designation as Elite Authors entails. :man_shrugging:

What was the comment/review?