Rejected Track, some help?

I didnt expect this track would be rejected.
Some help, please. Mix? Not commercial?

Hi @Manriquedelara :slight_smile: , I listened to your track carefully. That’s what I think :

1. It seemed to me too empty and a long start on the piano, I would have diluted it as much as possible and also the percussion that you have with 0:55 I would have entered it from 0:27.
  2. Strings, sound like a hindrance (it looks like white noise) they are barely audible and it is not entirely clear whether this is strings.
  3. I would add more tools, either staccato, or something atmospheric.
    Well, that’s it :slight_smile:
    Good Luck!
1 Like

Hey @Manriquedelara! Outstanding track. Really heartfelt.

Personally I wouldn’t have expected a rejection either. That said, here are a few humble opinions:

1. Perhaps you could double the bass notes progression at 0:14 with piano unisons to define it from the introduction and give it more instrumental homogeneity (this is hugely subjetive, though).
  2. AJ reviewers seem to like classic build-up structures. I agree with CMA that the medium intensity section from 0:55 could start a bit earlier and that way it could grow even a bit more in the next 4 bars (maybe with some subtle, not-too-epic marcattos, legato double bass and mp horns/woodwinds?).
  3. I LOVED big time the airy strings/pad. A matter of taste, I guess.

I don’t know. I feel none of the above justifies a hard-rejection but it does happen from time to time.

Good luck with you upcoming submissions mate!

1 Like

Really thank you, so much appreciate, i´ll start to work on all this.
I hope the next time will be accepted, (sale the track is other stuff… :rofl: )
I owe you two, some beers! :beers:
@CleanMagicAudio, @WormwoodMusic

4 Likes

Hey :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t3:

I think that the arrangement is a little bit poor and not so interesting matching nowdays standarts.

Try to listen top tracks here on AJ, especially in your favorite styles. Try to achieve that quality and sound. Your music must meet the profession standarts and have commercial value for video projects. Also I can recommend to learn on YouTube tutorials, courses more and keep going to write music. Write the music you would buy for yourself.
The quality of tracks on AJ is improving day by day so you have to match this and permanently work hard and learn I believe.
I wish you will get it!

Cheers :call_me_hand:t3:

I love how the song evolves at 0:55… but this should happen way way earlier to me.
Also this piano might be “soft” but has no real nuances in the play, it is always quite loud, and listening with headphones, this is paradoxal, but I found it a bit irritating… I expected more nuances in the playing, with softer parts, more variations in volume.

Hope this can help…

2 Likes

Thank you. I started to build this track around that part. I like it too. :slight_smile:
About piano volume, it´s true, i usually got the fault.
I used to record on my midi piano and usually let it in that way.
I have to buy some headphones, but i need money to buy them. (money comes to me, please. xD) :disappointed_relieved: