Rejected Track, opinions as to why appreciated!

Hey all,

Just had this track hard rejected for commercial composition/arrangement, I’d love to hear your thoughts as to why, I can’t quite pinpoint it.

Tear it apart, I can take it, I just want to improve :smiley:

Thanks in advance!

I really think the reviewers are under duress to restrict approvals these days. This is a very good track in my opinion. Great sound. Composition-wise, I’m betting they didn’t like your ending - or lack of ending in all the versions. The commercial viability increases with multiple versions that offer slight changes to the buyer; particularly the start and end of each version.

With all the versions included, I would provide a couple variations. As far as the ending, you might give a couple of them a resolving soft chord, maybe also provide a soft cymbal roll on one or two as well. Good luck!

Hey :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t3:

I think that the arrangement is a little bit poor and not so interesting matching nowdays standarts. The instuments don’t sound as lively…maybe you should to pay attention to automatization

Try to listen top tracks here on AJ, especially in your favorite styles. Try to achieve that quality and sound. Your music must meet the profession standarts and have commercial value for video projects. Also I can recommend to learn on YouTube tutorials, courses more and keep going to write music. Write the music you would buy for yourself.
The quality of tracks on AJ is improving day by day so you have to match this and permanently work hard and learn I believe.
I wish you will get it!

Cheers :call_me_hand:t3:

Ah that makes sense, I’ll mess around with that, thanks man! :slight_smile:

Hey! :smile:

Hmm I’ll pay more attention to automatization. I’m guessing you mean like the velocities need to be adjusted to be more dynamic?

As far as the arrangement, do you think it needs another chord progression in the middle to break it up maybe?

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

It reminds me of the Casting Crowns xmas song, I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day. It is almost the same sentence of chords at the beginning but a little faster in your case.

I like this kind of music and indeed it seems that on AJ, and as PrestoSound says, it is necessary to know its category really well and listen to other examples in the same category.

Keep up the good work and I wish you much success as many of us as well. Everyone is entitled to his place in the sun :wink:

Hmm it is sort of similar, I’ve definitely heard that song before, it’s a beautiful song!

Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement, my band is leaving on tour for the next week, so I’ll take some of my down time to study up on the best sellers here! :smiley:

This chord progression couldn’t be more abused, it feels like I’m listening to the same track over and over again.

But I’m sure it wasn’t the reason why it was rejected. Probably the weird ending is the reason. There’s no final chord.

It’s definitely a popular chord progression, but I still love it for some reason :joy:

I was trying something a little more unique for the ending, but that makes sense that most people would want a normal ending for a stock track, I’ll definitely keep that in mind, thanks for the advice!

1 Like