Rejected audio item, some feedback pls!

My submisson was hard rejected.

Can you give me some feedback or possible reasons? Thanks

Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/microprofessor/motivate-preview

Hmm sounds like this would be playing in the background of an add, yeah its not too bad can’t see why it got rejected. also its a bit long isn’t it?

Thx! It’s just 2 slightly different version.

Hey tonehank,

It’s a nice track, but there are some aspects that need improving on before it can be reconsidered for approval. Some comments:

• The acoustic guitar samples don’t really fit this style. It sounds too harsh - consider using some softer samples or record it live. Electric guitar (including mutes / harmonics) is generally better suited to this kind of genre. They’re much softer and blend in better with the style of the track.

• The staccato strings towards the end sound quite cheap; mainly the staccatos from 1:46. Consider using some different samples, or at the very least remove the dotted 8th staccato parts as they sound quite

• I’m not a fan of the part in the melody at 0:07, 0:23. It sounds a little strange, especially at 1:53 and 2:08. Keep working on it and remove any potentially sour sounding notes. For this style it’s best to have a simple and catchy melody.

• There’s not a lot of development in the track. It’s a bit repetitive. Maybe introduce some variation in the chord progression using a verse-chorus-verse-chorus type structure. I felt there could have been a new progression at 0:30 starting with the tonic - ie I-IV-vi-V

• The ending of the track needs some work. I would include the bass and strings in the ending chord. Also - why not end on the tonic? Ending on a minor chord isn’t the best idea for this genre. You’re trying to motivate and inspire the listener, not make them feel sad at the end. :wink:

• And finally, whilst not really a reason for hard rejection, it is rather similar to ‘Motivate’ by LoopsLab. It’s not plagiarism (by stock music standards anyway), but there are parts that do sound very similar - the main being the melody and chord progression.

Anyway, I think it could have some selling potential here, so keep working on it and good luck!

James

I see, now they did mention in the help section that there can’t be any big gaps/silence in your track that may be why they did not accept, i would separate the tracks and send them one by one, I just sent them one aswell :smiley:

Thanks for your answer, these are useful advices.