Regular or Extended which makes more sense for me?

Hello I am currently building a shop on Shopify, I am therefore still looking for a suitable theme and then found it on ThemeForest.

Unfortunately I don’t quite understand the difference between Regular and Extended License.

Am I allowed to sell my products in my shop with the Regular License?
What does the Regular license restrict me from doing?

What is meant by this: “Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.” (Regular License)?

Thank you!

Yes, Regular License will be fine.

the main difference is that under the Regular License, your end product (incorporating the item you’ve licensed) is distributed for free, whereas under the Extended License your end product may be sold. Extended License is still limited to a single end product.

If the item is part of a product (end product) for sale, you need the Extended License.

Example: A game or t-shirt for sale

If the end users need to pay to see the end product, you need an Extended License.

Example: A website that requires money before you can access the content

All licenses showing the final price (Item price) and included item price and a buyer fee. So, customer have to pay the Item price (display price for the Items).

Thanks

Thank you very much. What about changing the theme, can I edit the theme with the Regular License and mix it with other components?

That’s fine

hello, please help me to choose a suitable license.
I am an HR consultant who wants to make a job portal (like indeed etc.) using WordPress. so I decided to purchase the WordPress theme with bundled plugins from ThemeForest like Careerfy for WordPress. I have the candidate’s data as well as the employer’s data. I will offer a paid subscription/membership to the employer or company to access the candidate’s data which I have.

Can I do it under a regular license?

Hi @mirzaa68, you need an Extended License. Thanks

1 Like

hello thanks for the reply
I have asked the author of Careerfy theme through comments. they told me that I need only a regular license to use the product fully. I can sell my services through the website in the form of packages.and I can charge the employers to post the job on my website.
Should I go for it?

I am not sure but as far as I have checked the Careerfy demo I found candidate’s data is publicly accessible for all. If your website full content (front end) access is free for all visitors then Regular License will be fine.

Now if you want to use the Careerfy theme but also want to use a plugin to make your website content (full or part) accessible only for paying member then you have to purchase an extended license of the plugin. This license terms is for envato market Item.

Regular license is fine if you want to sell product or services in your website but when about website content (full or part) accessible only for paying member then you have to purchase an extended license.

But For license questions, it’s best to open Help ticket at Envato Help and Support. License experts from Envato support will be happy to help.

Thanks!