Refund process ????

whats the refund process?? - I purchased a plugin with very poor support

I’ve been in touch with the authors and they are just stonewalling.

I contacted envato direct via their “request a refund” link

I contacted Envato again and got vague reply (see below)

• the purchase no longer shows up in the pull down menu even though it was only a week or so ago so I can’t do another refund request

I cannot fine the “internal dispute” link they talk of in the email below - even via a site search

I’ve replied to the email below but no answer

is this just their way of dicking you around until you give up?

Definitely not, Envato will refund if the item isn’t as described, you can’t get a refund just because the support is poor or you don’t like it, you have to prove the item you purchased is defective.

When you initiate a refund request it goes to the author who can refund of their own free will, if they refuse your request then you can ask Envato to make a decision based on the information provided.

You should be able to see your refund request in the following link - https://themeforest.net/refund_requests/open along with your status.

that link says I have no requests open - that my point - how do I open a request

some of the content of my original post here was been removed

the plug in did not do some of the things stated in plug-in page - there was no opportunity to try before buying

now the author just keeps saying he can fix it so the ticket just keeps staying open

I had deadline of the project and it took him 4 days to reply to support request so I had to use another (far superior) plugin

I have removed the plugin for my site

I can see nowhere on the thread with the author or on the envarto site where I can escalate it to a refund request

I have already requested a refund (as per the removed content of my original post)

I have no idea why the request isn’t showing so send a ticket to Envato at https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new stating the facts and they can look into it for you

yeah - so i submit yet another (3rd) ticket to Envato support and get the reply

"It has to be 5 days without a response from the author, or that they have declined it.
It looks like the author has responded and is currently awaiting for your reply.
"

they obviously didn’t read my thread with the Author otherwise they would know we are at an impasse - the author just keeps replying with the same thing to keep the ticket open

you know what it’s not worth the hassle - they can keep the $35

I guessed that this was how this worked

I won’t buy another plug-in unless the author allows it to me tested first & I just won’t buy anything through envato until I have tried it first

Hi

Sorry to know you are facing problem. Please be noted if you think you are eligable to get a refund then you have to submit a refund request not have to contact support team.

If you are eligable to get a refund then you can request for refund. Can I Get A Refund is an explantion of the refund policy, requirements, process and a button linking to the request form.

Here is all the information about refunds:
Envato Market Refund Rules

Thanks

I have sent 4 emails using that refund from with the same non result

the whole process it totally flawed

@KingDog can you take a look at this? it’s possible the author is abusing the refund system

In most cases @smarta-brett the systen works well, refunds are given when needed, unfortunately there will be a small amount of cases where one side is being less than helpful, hopefully kingdog can get to the bottom and resolve this.

1 Like