Purchase Receipt?

I just noticed that when I purchase something, I never get a receipt that I can print.

I get a license, but it doesn’t have any pricing info on it and can’t be used at my work for reimbursement.

The email I receive is also not a receipt.

Is it possible to get an actual receipt for purchases?

Look at this: http://themeforest.net/invoices and click the View link

Also in http://themeforest.net/statement you can see both your purchases and sales

The statement links to the items I’ve purchased and not a receipt for the item I purchased.

The invoices links to receipts for my deposits. It does not give me an invoice for the individual items I have purchased.

I need to present an invoice/receipt showing the item purchased and the amount paid in order to be reimbursed.

If Envato can’t provide that (which is ridiculous), then I can no longer do business here. EVERY OTHER online market place on the planet that I deal with gives me a purchase receipt for each item I purchase.

If your deposit money here your able to generate a reputable invoice:

http://codecanyon.net/invoices

It has all the details of the company and the name of whom have deposited the money. Contact support for individual items receipt, they'll be able to help you:

http://support.envato.com/

It sounds as it really must have feature since it may increase sales to corporate customers who may need invoices/receipts per individual purchases.

/Invoices tab does not helpfull if customer also author here and does not deposit at all. Same issue with statement if I am author and have many sales but need to purchase something and be reimbursed - another account is kind of solution but better to do simple button/link “receipt” in the downloads tab.

Best Regards,
Andrey

@RomacMedia

As I previously noted, an invoice for a deposit does NOT help me at all. I need a receipt for a specific product purchased. I only mentioned that more than once, so I can see how you would miss it.

And I have contacted support directly, but they take forever to respond, if they ever do respond (I have tickets they have NEVER bothered to respond to).

Another solution, if you purchased the item directly via PayPal maybe there would be a receipt that PayPal would create for your transaction. I said “maybe” because I haven’t tried with direct PayPal for the Marketplace items (I got Marketplace balance). But to every other PayPal transaction I made on different sites there is such receipt. Sorry it hurts but it seems like the Marketplace doesn’t have that feature for now and during the wait (no one knows how long), maybe we should find another way around to help ourselves.

@gbs - Thanks, but I keep a lot of “credits” on the site because I buy a lot of stuff to help me with my freelance and personal projects. So I had enough available to purchase a plugin for a web site I am building at my day job from my available balance.

Now I just want to get reimbursed by my work. Our corporate accounting department is very picky about receipts.

And quite honestly, the fact that Envato doesn’t provide receipts for individual purchases is shocking. It’s hard to believe this has never come up before.

Maybe they have no corporate clients, or perhaps others have just had the accounting department make the purchase directly.

topekadesign said

And quite honestly, the fact that Envato doesn’t provide receipts for individual purchases is shocking. It’s hard to believe this has never come up before.

This has come up and not once or twice, but many more times. Anything hasn’t changed. Maybe you could somehow get a receipt from Envato’s support.

All the best,

Kris

1 Like
And I have contacted support directly, but they take forever to respond, if they ever do respond (I have tickets they have NEVER bothered to respond to).
You can post the ticket ID's here so someone from staff can take action on them. Also you can do this via Twitter. If you did not receive a ticket ID check your email junk/spam folder. If there is nothing, no ticket has been processed. Goodluck.

I think it's a good idea to have invoice per items generated. Must not be so hard to provide this to us :)
topekadesign said

I guess Envato thinks it’s alright with the email they sent you after payment. Now I think the only solution left for you is to open ticket to support, tweet them the ticket id @envato_support, and keep checking if any reply goes to your Spam inbox. Wish you luck, anyway.

is the email that you get not good enough as a receipt? haven’t bought anything in a while but it details what you bought doesn’t it else what’s the point of it?

MSFX said

is the email that you get not good enough as a receipt? haven’t bought anything in a while but it details what you bought doesn’t it else what’s the point of it?

The email they send you shows you a link to the product you bought, a link to the download page, and advertisements for other things they think you’d like. NO WHERE in the email is there anything remotely resembling a receipt with the price you paid.

I did get an email response from someone in support pointing me to the INVOICES tab which shows my deposits, but does not include receipts for the items I purchased.

topekadesign said

I did get an email response from someone in support pointing me to the INVOICES tab which shows my deposits, but does not include receipts for the items I purchased.

well, basically those are your purchases.

For example when you deposited 100$, you actually bought 100$ worth of marketplace items, and you got an invoice from Envato to prove this.
What you are asking: you can’t get a second invoice for the same purchase, am I right?

If you go to your invoices and you purchased the item DIRECTLY NOT VIA A DEPOSIT then that’s probably the closest you will get although I understand that still does not list the item itself but it is a tax invoice so it is at least the most accurate per item (assuming not bought through a larger deposit).

@pixelbook - I have a hundred credits on RevoStock. When I buy an AE project for $29 using my credits that I pre-deposited (just like here), RevoStock sends me an email invoice showing the AE project I purchased and the price in the form of a receipt. Same with iStock, same with Shutterstock, same with Dreamstime. I can use those emailed receipts to get reimbursed from my employer. So, it’s not the same thing.

@charlie4282 - Correct, if you buy something direct and not using your deposited credit, then you can get an invoice. But that means I have to pay a higher price just to get a receipt and I have to use my PP or CC and not the credits I have already paid for… which is ridiculous.

Let’s be honest, most of us here are probably programmers and could code up a simple link to display a text receipt in a few minutes. Someone at Envato just needs to get off their ass and do it. Otherwise, I have to go elsewhere to purchase stuff. Or get my accounting department to set up an account and then wait weeks for them to actually get the stuff I need, which aint gonna happen.

I think I pressed “request staff reply” already but doing it again just in case.
Feature is definitely must have and staff reply with ETA from developers needed here.

Best Regards,
Andrey

OMG! The support responses are unbelievable. I have now got the EXACT SAME response from two different people and it takes 3 to 6 days to get a response from support.

It appears they read the title of the email and not anything I have written in the email. My questions go unanswered.

I think I know what my next Mashable article is going to be about… The crappy support from Envato and their lack of support for corporate buyers.

Can you give me your Support ticket number? Thanks!

topekadesign said

Let’s be honest, most of us here are probably programmers and could code up a simple link to display a text receipt in a few minutes. Someone at Envato just needs to get off their ass and do it.

Have to agree with this. No need to compare with other marketplaces for everything. Giving a proof for buyers that just displays item title, price and date of purchase is something too basic to ignore. Statements page is never a solution.