Do you get a bill?

Hi,

I have a question to the envato buy system.
If I buy an item e.g. a Theme did I get a real bill for it?

Cheers :slight_smile:

When you deposit money with Paypal you get a nice Paypal receipt with the following description:

Deposit $xx.00 to user FMRDesign on Audiojungle (or what marketplace ever) $xx.00 USD

This should be clear for your bookkeeping.

But I’m not sure what happens when you pay with credit card…

And after buying you will receive an email with the purchase information containing a download link for the file and the license certificate.

I hope that helps?

Thank you for your fast answere!
I would pay per credit card.

The “paypal” discription is useful for my private bookkeeping but I need a “real” bill for the finance office.
I want to verify my investments, because this is beneficial if you are a freelancer or something like that :wink:

Hover over your name at the top and click statements. Here you can print monthly statements showing what you spent/earned on the marketplaces.

I think what he means is a legal invoice/receipt. Not all countries accept electronic invoices or receipts … but i suppose it’s something we have to live with.

WPAlchemy said

I think what he means is a legal invoice/receipt. Not all countries accept electronic invoices or receipts … but i suppose it’s something we have to live with.

Yep. That’s right. So one solution is to use the credit card and get a statement from your local bank.

gbs said
WPAlchemy said

Yep. That’s right. So one solution is to use the credit card and get a statement from your local bank.

Yes I mean something like that.
I hope that envato will find a solution for this “problem” in the future.

If you head to http://themeforest.net/invoices, you’ll find links to view and print an invoice for each of your purchases.

If you need any extra info added to your invoices (company name, address, tax ID etc), just contact Envato Support and we’ll gladly add this to the invoice for you!

blimpage said

If you need any extra info added to your invoices (company name, address, tax ID etc), just contact Envato Support and we’ll gladly add this to the invoice for you!

Can’t this process automated someday? With just few input fields, it would be easier to generate an invoice using user entered detail. Just wondering how many years it will continue this way.

VF said

Can’t this process automated someday? With just few input fields, it would be easier to generate an invoice using user entered detail.

I’m not an expert so I may be wrong :slight_smile: but I’m quite sure that if you give me control over the amount of developers envato has I could create new versions of this marketplace every 90 days

You can get invoice here - http://themeforest.net/invoices

doru said
VF said

Can’t this process automated someday? With just few input fields, it would be easier to generate an invoice using user entered detail.

I’m not an expert so I may be wrong :slight_smile: but I’m quite sure that if you give me control over the amount of developers envato has I could create new versions of this marketplace every 90 days

:stuck_out_tongue: -1

The hard part is not with using developers - it is with making decisions and setting priorities. If you combine these things, an apparent 1 hour work may actually take 10 whole days to complete or still incomplete.

On topic, an ideal buyer any author would imagine is someone who is aware about license, rights, and respects usage limits etc. Basically those kind of buyers will always want proper records to make sure they are fine with their internal - official practices too. But what actually we do is assuming our typical buyer as nothing more than 16 years old hobbyist who doesn’t need/care proper records for purchased products.