Today we’re announcing official support of the new “Motion Graphics Templates” (.mogrt) file format on VideoHive, alongside the launch of a new Premiere Pro category on VideoHive.
Adobe recently introduced the Essential Graphics Panel and a new file format (.mogrt) that enables native creation, editing, and customization of specialized motion graphics templates directly within Premiere Pro.
Motion Graphics Templates files can be created purely with Premiere Pro, or exported from After Effects projects as well leveraging AE’s more advanced effects and featureset.
This opens up the opportunity to:
- Make more user-friendly After Effects templates leveraging the new Essential Graphics Panel for easy customization and a consistent user experience.
- Convert your existing After Effects templates into modular, customizable Motion Graphics Templates files for easy use directly within Premiere Pro.
- Create brand new Motion Graphics Templates items (using Premiere Pro or After Effects) optimized and targeted specifically for Premiere Pro users.
- Create new Premiere Pro project file templates (.prproj) leveraging the Essential Graphics Panel controls.
So, from today, we’re officially accepting After Effects items that include corresponding .mogrt files, as well as opening up a new category for video template items designed specifically for Premiere Pro.
For existing After Effects authors, the Premiere Pro category and Motion Graphics Templates files are a great opportunity to extend the reach of your items and talent to a group of customers (e.g. video editors, digital producers, and filmmakers) who are more familiar with Premiere Pro than After Effects.
How to upload
You can submit After Effects items that include .aep and/or corresponding .mogrt files to the VideoHive > After Effects Project Files category as usual. When uploading, make sure to select “Motion Graphics Templates” in the new “Files Included” attribute on the upload form, so customers can easily find these items.
Premiere Pro items containing .prproj and/or .mogrt files can be submitted to the new VideoHive > Premiere Pro Templates category. This category is currently visible only to authors, and will be switched live as soon as we have received enough approved items. If your .mogrt files were exported from After Effects, make sure to select “After Effects CC” as well in the “Software Version” attribute on the upload form, so customers will know they need to have After Effects software installed on their machine in order for the files to work.
- After Effects project files (.aep) and Premiere Pro project files (.prproj) must not be submitted together in the same item, and should be uploaded separately to their respective categories.
- Motion Graphics Templates files (.mogrt) may be included within items for either category.
- Items containing only Motion Graphics Templates files (.mogrt) should be submitted to Premiere Pro.
We’ll be around for the next seven days answering your questions. Please remember our community guidelines as you post.