Please explain for what possible reason that this item must have been hard rejected?

Hi,

Please tell me what must have been the reason this item got reject, i can’t figure out why and it didn’t explain or give any details why it got rejected. Two of the items i submitted got rejected - i have done all the files as per the guidelines, included vector files and layered PSD files with properly labeled and organised layers.

Recent item that got rejected below:

It is good, but there are several mountain style logos already on GraphicRiver. Unfortunately, it doesn’t really bring anything new to the table… if you had uploaded it a few years ago I’m sure it would have been accepted, but it needs to be above and beyond these days.

Something of a similar quality, but in a less crowded genre might be the way to go. Possibly.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply, really appreciate it. I didn’t know it has to be some thing totally new, i thought if its original own work it will not be a problem. I will give one more try but i wonder what i can make thats not on the market, if i do an animal, a bird, a flower or any living thing there is tones of logos made with it, even an object, i think i have to do something that doesn’t exist in this world in this case. Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Sam

Possibly the mountain could look cleaner, for example the suggested line underneath it is listing downwards towards the right.in a way that slightly affects the balance of the image. Also the curved style of the strokes on the mountain are a bit at odds with the straight lines of the text. I would say a bit more thought about how the text is interacting with the mountain could also raise the standard of it. As far as I can tell, these are potential reasons for rejection. Like SpaceStock said, uniqueness is always good but if you produce something excellent it should be approved even if it’s somewhat similar to other items.

Hi ToivoMedia,

Thanks, yes i know the right side is a bit low and different from left side of the mountain, i kept it like that on purpose to keep it more natural. Well the mountain is pointy and has slightly curved edges, if the font is the same it doesn’t go so well, now its much clean. I don’t think the reason behind the rejection is the artwork itself and the font, maybe its just too many mountains on the market now. When it comes to a logo its a bit different from flyers i guess. I agree with SpaceStock as it could be a possible reason.

Your feedback is much appreciated, thank you.

Cheers,
Sam

I always recommend just browsing through similar items to the one you had rejected. It’s the best way to get an idea of what’s required to get approved. For example, here’s a similar logo but on this one the image and the text gel together a lot better than on yours, in my opinion.

I’m not a reviewer so I don’t know the exact reason for rejection, but my guess is it didn’t quite reach the quality needed. Anyway if you’re going to continue to upload logos you’ll quickly gain more experience of getting items approved.

Thanks, i got what you mean but no point of modifying it since the mail says i can’t re-submit it also. So i have to do a new product? I always get off with this review process and rejections here on GraphicRiver, i tried few years back too and my item got rejected and i didn’t try after that and i found etsy.com and made good sales there, so i know my products/designs are not bad. So I’m thinking what could be the reason, could it be coz i put my website and instagram account on the footer or some simple thing? i read somewhere that you can’t have trademarks and stuff on product cover but i’ve seen other authors have put own logo and stuff. I don’t know its difficult when you don’t know for sure whats wrong.

And this one why do you think it got rejected?

This is the message i got from GraphicRiver:

"Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Mountain Logo - Editable Vector Logo” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements."

What does this mean? Is it technical…

Don’t worry about the “can’t resubmit” message, that’s just generic. You can resubmit the same item as long as you make significant changes to try to get it approved. About the rejection message, if they send you that generic one it just means the overall quality wasn’t considered good enough. If the problem is a specific technical issue or something like including a trademark, they will “soft reject” your item and tell you what you need to change to get it approved.

some times, the reason is not technical (layers organisation or technical errors) maybe This type of logo is present plenty on the site !