(!) Payoneer card and bank withdraw blocked (!)

What’s weird is that Envato hasn’t made any single statement regarding this, it’s like they don’t even know or care enough to do so!

1 Like

I am sure they know the issue, and they are waiting for Payoneer response!

if they were only transparent enough to tell us that themselves.
otherwise, we are just making assumptions here.

1 Like

Even if that’s the case, they could have at-least tell us that “We’re working on this issue and will let you know the update soon.” or something like that. But no, not a single line of statement from their end. Payoneer is like their most used payout method and still they’re oddly silent for an issue big enough to shake the whole market.

2 Likes

I think envato must start a new payment gateway company. just saying :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your comments and all the information you are providing with regard to this unfortunate situation. For our part here at Envato, we have been in contact with Payoneer today to hear directly from them what is happening and what they are doing.

What we know is that the company Wirecard AG has declared bankruptcy and as a precautionary measure, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK has frozen the accounts of its UK subsidiary Wirecard Card Solutions Limited. This is done to protect the funds of individuals. As Payoneer is using Wirecard’s UK subsidiary to issue Payoneer Prepaid Mastercards, anyone using these cards is likely impacted by this freeze.

Payoneer and Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (the UK subsidiary) are working with the FCA to unlock funds as quickly as possible. However, Payoneer has not informed us when the frozen funds will be unlocked. The priority for the FCA is to ensure that all funds are protected and made available exclusively to the individuals they belong to.

Payoneer has created a blog post which they are regularly updating with details and answers to specific questions as they learn more. Current updates are also available on the Payoneer Facebook page here.

You can continue to have money sent to your Payoneer account. Funds will not be loaded to the card while the card program is frozen, but you can withdraw any funds from your Payoneer account directly to a nominated bank account. Alternatively, you can have them held in your Payoneer account until the card program is available.

While the FCA process continues, Envato is taking additional steps to support authors in managing their payouts. Authors, whose payout method is Payoneer and linked to a card may now request a payout hold for one month. To do this, please follow this link to submit a ticket and our team will process the request as quickly as possible. Please note that if you make a request to hold your payout, you will not be able to cancel that request.

For Studio payouts the ticket must be received by 5 July 2020.

For Market and Elements payouts the ticket must be received by 10 July 2020.

If you would like to change your payout method, all existing deadlines remain in place. This means that you must make the change to your payment method before midnight 30 June 2020 AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time).

We will continue to monitor the situation and recommend that you regularly check Payoneer’s website for up-to-date information.

61 Likes

And this is the best solution Envato can offer at this time as urgent help in my opinion. Well done! Thanks - I will probably use this option.

4 Likes

I withdraw from Payoneer to bank account. But, card users will have some issues until WireCard or any other card provider available.

1 Like

jamesgiroux Thanks to Envato for your quick reaction and support to the authors!

5 Likes

HI, i use Payoneer. but i never use card. so, i think, i do not need any ticket to submit. it is problem in only who use card. i think my payout would be usual. is it?

4 Likes

Thanks James and thanks Envato! This is a great solution in such a difficult situation.

4 Likes

Thanks @jamesgiroux
Does it mean that now I can leave payout method as Payoneer and if situation getting worse until July 10th, I can request hold for this payout?
What will happen with my Envato balance if I request the payout hold until July 10th? My current balance (at those moment) will be increased by june earnings?

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. Perhaps this is the maximum that you can do for us.
Of course, the Payoneer does not know when the accounts will unfreeze, because they absolutely do not control the situation. The only question is who will get the remaining money in Wirecard accounts. And how long the investigation will last: a week, a month, or a year.

New Update 29 June from the main source FCA:
"Following last week’s news of €1.9 billion missing from the accounts of the German company, Wirecard, we placed requirements on the firm’s UK business so that it should stop carrying out regulated activities and not pay out or reduce any money it holds. Our primary objective all along has been to protect the interests and money of consumers who use Wirecard.

Teams from across the FCA have been working with the firm, and other international and UK authorities, over the weekend, and we have seen good progress by the firm in meeting the conditions we set.

We are maintaining pressure on the firm to resolve these issues which would allow it to operate under certain conditions. However, we cannot lift the restrictions without reassuring ourselves that the firm has been able to satisfy all our concerns for example that all clients’ money is safe. We hope to be able to issue an update soon."

2 Likes

So , shortly : Payoneer users will not be able to sell items here ?
For example , Paypal and Swift don’t work on our country.

1 Like

No. Unless anyone is lying, then all funds in your account are safe. If they’re on your card then they’re temporarily frozen. If they’re in your account (and not on your card), then they are not frozen and can be transferred to your bank. Any funds from now onwards will go into your account rather than your card… and can be transferred to your bank. If you don’t have a bank or can’t transfer from Payoneer to your bank for whatever reason, then you’ll have to wait until Payoneer sort out an alternative card supplier until you can access your funds.

1 Like

Hi James, there is no email with Ticked ID after filling form for hold payouts.
I’ve try twice, can you check it with staff?
To be 100% sure i’m going to deauthorize Payoneer as payment option for Envato Elements.
It would be great if we could have Swift option on Elements for Withdrawal.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Any chance we could start working with Curve? seems as if they fixed their issue already.

Thank you!

Thanks for your message. Tell me please, your transfer amount was up to 10k? Thanks in advance for your reply.