Noob author questions

Hi there

My item got approved about 20 days ago so i’m new here with lots of questions
I tried searching but did not find sufficient answers for these questions:

1. My clients can change their website ( created by my script ) logo from admin panel. But admin panel has it’s own logo and it can’t be changed within admin panel. Ofc they can still just replace the logo file or change src of image but is this ok?

2. Can i disable installation on localhost and only allow installation on public domain names?

3. If a client wants to make money with my script, do they HAVE to buy extended version? If yes, can i license-lock my script? Meaning i disable some features like Paypal, Stripe, Advertisement and etc for people who bought regular license? If yes, as a user or an author would you recommend it?

4. I’m exclusive author here. Can i still sell my other scripts ( completely different projects, non-relatable to my projects here and not even submitted to Envato ) on other markets?

Thank you!

1. your item should be user friendly. So, you should give options to change both front end and back end logo
  2. no, it should not. because customer will play with your script and will make a final end product for their live server.
  3. no, regular and extended both will play the same role but customer have to purchase extended license when:

Which license do I need for an end product that is only accessible to paying users?
If the end users need to pay to see the end product, you need an Extended License. There can be more than one end user as long as there is only one end product.

Example: A website that requires money before you can access the content

You never should to disable features for extended license and for doing this your item can be permanently disable.

1. As an author on Envato, you have the choice to offer your items on an exclusive or non-exclusive basis with Envato. If you choose to offer your items on an exclusive basis, then you’ll benefit from lower author fees, but this means you cannot sell, distribute, or even give away for free your items (or any related items) outside of Envato. This includes on your own website.

If you are not clear till now then please Contact Support they will give you best answer.

Exclusivity Policy:

1 Like

Very clear answer.
Thank you

1 Like

Yesterday I bought this product from you “DigiMuse” I can’t contact you privately for assistance, can you help me please?