New Guy Getting Rejected a lot - Help?

I’m new and this is my fourth song to be rejected in a row. What’s wrong with my mix??

https://soundcloud.com/drummerrichie/happy-corporate-upbeat-preview

Note from reviewer:
“This submission does not meet AudioJungle’s commercial production (samples/recording/mixing/mastering) standard, unfortunately.”

“It says this cannot be resubmitted.” - what does that mean? Can I not fix it and send it back?

I think the problem is that it isn’t bad, but it isn’t “great”. And it’s more of a composition thing than a mix thing.

There are soooooooo many of these style of tracks already in the library and so many people submitting in this style every day that I think AJ is very selective in what it accepts. You have to be able to compete at the highest levels in this genre I think these days.

Also, you are not supposed to resubmit hard rejected tracks, even with changes as far as i know. Lots of people do, but if you get caught (and people do) you will lose upload privileges.

1 Like

I actually really like the melody and the idea you’re working with on this song. I also don’t really think there’s a whole lot to pick apart in the mix other than it felt like the low end wasn’t as present as it could be. The bass sits more toward the lower mids.

I think the issue is more production quality, it needs to sound a bit more realistic or human. Everything is so locked in to place and flat in terms of timing and dynamics. The bass and drums are what stands out to me the most as sounding ‘cheap’.

My understanding is that a hard rejected track can be uploaded again only if significant improvements are made. Just changing some mix levels and slapping on a different reverb wouldn’t be significant. But I think if you can make it feel a bit less robotic and switch out some samples, maybe re-assess the arrangement you could give it another shot.

Keep it up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s very constructive. I will give it a shot :slight_smile:

I think that this track has got potential but the arrangement, drums and bass need changing. If you want I would quite happily spend some time working on this track if you sent me the midifile and audio stems to gballx@hotmail.com. I cannot guarantee it would be successful but my offer is there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats a very kind offer and I might take you up on that. However, I did attempt a remastering. Would you consider it better now, or does it still need some work? Thank you guys so much.

https://soundcloud.com/drummerrichie/happy-corporate-upbeat-remastered/s-eFEF5

Hi there - I would try this: 1. Drop the bass down an octave 2. Bring the bass in after 8 bars at the beginning with the drums. That is just for starters!

I changed the bass sample I was using and changed the bridge near the end a bit. Thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/drummerrichie/happy-corporate-upbeat-ver3/s-519XI

Getting better - need a bottom end. Leave off the piano for 4 bars at the beginning.

Hmm it sounds a bit empty without the piano at the beginning. Should I just cut out the first 4 bars altogether?
What is the best way to make a better bottom end? Add a sub bass? or EQ?

Send me the midi and your audio stems - allow me a couple of hours to work on it. There is I believe there is a really good track here. Your track - not mine. No money or sales required to play with this - just trying to help and have fun at the same time.

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll prepare the files when I get home, so it might take a while. Thanks again.