New Forum is Good or Not?

i do agree buddy , but, however, after a while to get used to it, u can handle it a bit better all the same , now, the organization is really the matter off and if they could fix it , they would have created a really good tool in a general way

1 Like

i do agree on this one, i may look severe or critic sometimes, but i am not, i like this place and i would like it to evolve the right way so that we all (authors and envato) have the best relationship as possible and an efficient partnership and ultimately make each other earn money, and , indeed, what i would like people here to understand is that we do not criticize just to do , but that we are expecting for efficient tools more than any other thing. But, unfortunately, most of the time, this is not the way things have been as of late , there was a big deal about the background at a time, itā€™s been discussed for months, but honestly, who cares ?! they brought a white background that makes things look not as good as before , period. the new set of icons? necessary? really? for me tat was not, we changed a short while ago and that brings nothing that helps to sell to the table anyway. Thus, for me, there was no emergency to do and no real need. Then, the forums, despite the good or even very good additions, the efficiency is not really here, sorry to say just that , as many tools are cool, but the whole thing is difficult to use for many and the priority for the whole of us is to sell and i do not understand how the forum will help anyway ā€¦ . Thereā€™s been negative consequences on the number of topics (and how lively the forum is in the end) and people attending the forum at the same time, period. The problem is that the community part is fading away as a result of this ā€¦ . Honestly, to be exhaustive, i will say that in the last few additions , none has been really efficient or useful for us and thus , despite investing so much time, except the analytics part , which, when they were introduced was a huge plus, there was nothing beneficial for authors when both buyers and authors have been claiming for some improvements about different things. I also understand and identify that this way to introduce new things is a way for envato to get to tell to people that the marketplace is not stagnating , but focusing on what people are looking for would be a better idea according to me

2 Likes

the activity in GR , is less than one tenth i think ā€¦ so it looks like AJ is not having too much to complain about so to speak lol kidding lol

1 Like

Itā€™s Reddit 2.0.1 Beta.
The old design was much much better.

I believe that if I ever designed this forum template and submitted it to ThemeForest, it would have been hard rejected on first watch.

Why fix something thatā€™s not brokenā€¦

5 Likes

The forum was the most active out of any marketplace like this. Why? Because of how the site was laid out and how integrated the forums were. The forums were easy to navigate, looked like they were part of the rest of the site and people wrote posts while they were checking in on their balance and browsing the site.

Itā€™s really sad that Envato didnā€™t realize thisā€¦ Now it looks like any other (inactive) forum and feels completely disconnected from the site. Hopefully(!) it wonā€™t be as bad as nearly every other forum on marketplaces like this one.

6 Likes

In my country it is a saying: ā€œThe shoemaker is always barefootā€. Envato it is a barefoot shoemaker with this forum.

3 Likes

Absolutely correct. Thats what I am thinking since days. And how it passed the QA and Product Manager reviews, seems strange.

1 Like

N, Media, the forum got through, because other models out there most likely showed increased sales, and the icons got through because that is the latest trend!

Some trends should be avoided in my opinion, Flared jeans in the 60ā€™s was the latest trend, but we can see it for what it was now, which is a bad design move.

Norton has also followed this trend, and their latest design is horrific, to put it mildly, white space and some wire frame icons here and there, (l almost want to throw up every time l use it).

But if Envato constantly redesign the icons based on market trends they probably hope to attract more designers, and maybe buyers?

Maybe that is true, but l would personally do the most beautiful icon designs possible then treak the dodgy ones over time?

:ghost: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I feel the new forum not at all good ;(

3 Likes

trend is not always bad, but it depends on what and i think that one of the problem with what is done this far, this is all adopting the flat and design less things, but , just in case some people have forgotten about it , thereā€™s GR here and what do we sell in GR? design! I also do not like this way tha things are carried out as of late , pushing us all into getting in the latest trends , this is not a good thing, this marketplace is interesting because of the variety that this is offering and that thus normally here , all can find what they are looking for if we indulged into doing all what we are pushed to do, we all do the same more or less well and creativity and variety will die in the process ā€¦ . I see this for examples with how people are pushed into doing font exclusively based items, but so what?! because thatā€™s a trend weā€™ll all do this?! no , enough, this enough, we have tons of gus doing tons of items in this style and there are many proves that show that buyers here are waiting for something else ā€¦ besides, most o the big flyer sellers do not belong into this style, is it a proof? sometimes it seems to me that people really want to kill design and thatā€™s a painful thing and something sad ā€¦ i already mention just that but the day that our job consists in pairing fonts, then weā€™ll be dead before we even know it, as may buyers will feel like, why should we do buy this, when the work is all about assembling fonts , so that anybody who has learnt how to use the tools can do!

1 Like

Oh,well, we might get wire flat next, unfortunately, then hopefully we will get back on the colorful ones again?

But l agree that the forum needs to be a lot more user friendly! :weary: :construction:

Every time l click here, and elsewhere l get some annoying ā€œkeep settingsā€ and have to click on that, and then the reply bar constantly comes up and l have to reduce it. My thumb can only take so much, especially after using Photoshop all day!

As well as the reply icon being permanently gone, but hopefully not for good?

Letā€™s hope they ditch the Facebook type format, (FB might be popular, but it is a piece of c**p to use) and bring some of the old format back?

:disappointed_relieved: :palm_tree:

3 Likes

in fact i am not much disturbed by the things that u said Shane, personally what is more difficult to deal with is the way u access topics and the way they are classified , otherwise, what has been very difficult in the first place but now i feel a bit more comfortable with, this is the place of the reply button , i mean when u want to answer the thread in a general way, not to someone in particular indeed

for me, without lacking respect to the designer who made the icon set, i think that when u use them small size, this is losing almost all details and ā€œworkā€ and this is almost impossible to see any detail so that this is not visual enough, this looks too flat for me and thus it looks like they are part of these designless trends(which make no sense at all in en era when people communicate visually , people do not read much anymore, they use stickers , rather than writing and so and so forth) , which , according to me, not only are really inefficient, but also fail to ā€œsellā€ Grā€™s contentsā€™ also

2 Likes

I think is just needed to get more conected with Envato. And a better layout for listing, in rest is really cool with cool features and easy to work with.

1 Like

Beside some UI improvements that i think would help, i absolutely love the new forums now. It took a week but hey, whoā€™s not afraid of big changes!?

Letā€™s not forget major features that were needed:

• ability to like - appreciate
  • ability to bookmark
  • watch threads
  • get instant notificatios
  • keyboard shortcuts
  • fast navigation
  • editor
  • eeetc.

Yes, some things are missing but im sure itā€™s just a matter of time until theyā€™re going to be added.

Ps: i wrote this on my smartphone flawlessly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Itā€™s good that at lest someone is happy with this new forum.

Yes, those added functionalities are good but all UX is a mess, and similar to zillion forums out there. I think that Envato, a multi-million company could afford a team of top developers to inject all these functionalities to ā€œoldā€ forum, keeping integration with marketplace, and keeping that UX we had - before it was really simple and clean to use - now itā€™s not. I will get used to it, but I liked old one better.

2 Likes

The new forum is the ugliest, hardest to use and the messiest forum Iā€™ve seen in my entire life.

Some time ago I earned a ā€œForum Super-Starā€ badge for creating several threads like: Free VST Effects, Free VST Synths, Best Free Reverbs, Free Samplers and Sample Libraries. Those were useful resources for new authors, for others on tight budget and always used to link to. Beside the Samplers and Sample Libraries, all the rest of the threads are ERASED !!! no more author resources.
The rule was that you get payed if you write a tutorial that gets published. The info from my Free VST Effects was used in a tutorial, never payed for (just a badge) and now is erased, so the authors canā€™t update the thread, canā€™t share, cantā€¦ anything.
So, as a form of protest, this is my last post on this forum. See you on Facebook, Newgrounds or KVR.

7 Likes

Hi @Mihai_Sorohan! I remember the thread well, it was great! Just because we have new forums however does not mean all is lost. :slight_smile:

The old thread is still there, itā€™s just locked because of the move to the new forums. Try creating a brand new thread + provide a link to the original thread. And/or, ask @kingdog if heā€™s willing or able to migrate the thread over. We ran a contest before the old forums were closed inviting community members to nominate threads theyā€™d like to be moved across - maybe you missed it, no-one nominated it, or it just got overlooked.

Bottom line and worst-case scenario? Just start a new thread + include a link to the old thread. Hope one of these options works for you. :thumbsup:

Old Forum Lovers : Visit this Thread :+1:

Iā€™ve made a redesign to reduce clutter and to look like old forums :stuck_out_tongue: nostalgia

4 Likes

Current forums is a chaos. Too much information in one placeā€¦ :confused:

4 Likes

This forum is dreadful. It lacks organization and clarity. After 2 minutes of viewing, I cannot even convince the other members of our development and support teams to visit, and we really have to confirm information about the new support policy (which appears to be another disaster, and effectively a markdown of the theme price).

I wish I could provide some constructive criticism, but my best shot would be to go back to the old forum, which I thought worked reasonably well.

Time producing this forum would have been much better spent on fixing the rating system to prevent abuse, revising the pricing tiers so authors are motivated to bring more products to Envato, and on producing a much better paid support system then the one introduced (given our understanding of it at this time).

Striking Team
James

3 Likes