Need Your Tough Criticism for Soft Reject

Hey!
I’ve uploaded my Futur Gutenberg Wordpress Theme yesterday and get soft reject, but it’s actually bad soft, in message tells:
Your design has an interesting starting concept, but it needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to detail.

As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality-wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.

Where to start?

• An overall design quality

• Visual hierarchy and aesthetics

• Typography

• Forms and buttons

• More attention to details

• Better design consistency

• An overall spacing

• Color contrast and schemes

Can you help me, please? What am I doing wrong? Is it so bad? Here is link http://modesttheme.com/

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You need to share the demo if you want feedback

1 Like

OMG, I’m so sorry) I added the link in a question.

It’s not bad. It is maybe too minimalistic but I understand this was probably the point.

Try to experiment with different fonts to make it look more premium and maybe add some colors here and there. Add more original copy instead of lorem ipsum. Generally just take a break from it for few days and try to come back with fresh set of eyes to see what else can be improved for the final push.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! But in review message said that I should change whole things. Do you think typography and colors will help?

Those were just most obvious ones. Again, take a break and come back with fresh set of eyes. Take a look at some existing popular themes from that category and at sites like Dribbble to take some inspiration.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will try!

Is not bad, it has good parts, I think you need help from a good designer that understands how Themeforest work!

1 Like

Thanks, but I want to learn new things. And actually it’s hard to find designer.

1 Like

I agree with you is super hard to find one.

Ok then take your time and study other themes in your category and get inspiration from those themes, be careful o choose the ones approved in the last 6 months do not check older themes because the standards have changed.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answers!

This is pretty good…

There are some small aspects where it could be fine-tuned and developed (but these are not, alone, grounds for rejection).

I think one area you would benefit from is adding more pages / versions of existing ones / capture all the shortcodes etc. you are using as an elements list etc.

1 Like

I thought reviewer doesn’t care about pages with separate elements. Thanks, anyway I will add them.

It’s not a requirement - nor is more pages etc. but the feedback they gave you is quite extensive and needs to demosntrate change and evolution

1 Like