Need help about activating a wordpress theme

Recently I’ve purchased a wp theme called “JNews”, When I installed it on the server now it’s saying to activate the theme with “Envato API Personal Token”. But I’ve got the license certificate with this information :

• Item Title:
  • Item URL:
  • Item ID:
  • Author Username:
  • Licensee:
  • Registered Project Name:
  • License Date:
  • Item License Code:
    There is no token. Then i searched on google for a solution, then I found how to create the personal token, and I created a personal token, then i put it on the there but it is showing an error that is “Failed to validate license, please check if required access is granted when token created, also please check to make sure if your account already bought the item”

Now what should i do?

1 Like

Hi,

Envato API personal token:

You can generate Envato API personal token here . Please make sure you set required Token permissions. It may prompt you to sign into your Envato account

Before you create a new token the following 3 permissions should be selected from the list of permission available on the Token page.

1. View and search Envato sites (checked by default)
  2. Download the user’s purchased items
  3. List purchases the user has made

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your response. But I’ve selected all the permission checkbox already.

But the problem is the same.

Is it a issue with “download the theme from Envato Elements”?

If the theme download from envato elements then note that the token will not work for envato elements item. Because envato elements don’t sale item and don’t provide purchase code.

If you purchased the theme from themeforest then the api should work but need to note that extra permission may cause error. You have to give permission only the 3 points I have mentioned in my first reply.

1. View and search Envato sites (checked by default)
  2. Download the user’s purchased items
  3. List purchases the user has made

Thanks

1 Like

Ok. Thanks. I got this.