Need feedback about WordPress Theme

I need feedback.
Demo: http://doubleiu.me/wp/brok
Thank you.

WP Theme is really nice :slight_smile: i love it.

Few suggestions

1. Top nav bar can be little bigger also social icons
  2. When i clock search icon. the search field has some issue with width… its getting shake
  3. You can have some hove effect in post featured image
  4. Social Icons can be little big and clear. its too sharp now
  5. In comment form you can highlight the required fields. now its just showing * in grey. it can be red

Theme is very nice and clean… and also loads faster except masonry pagementioned…

Thank you for your feedback.

• Avoidable validation issues

• Some aspects of typography need work e.g. post hover below the main featured post - the h2 entry-title is too big

For what its worth these do work nicer for the post-caption-titles further into individual posts

Generally it’s pretty good but would definitely give it a once over in terms of attention to detail before submitting

Thank you!

I continue getting soft rejected. The message is:

Sorry but your theme still does not meet the minimum quality requirements to be accepted into the WordPress category. Please concentrate on improving typography, layout, and general styling as these are key factors in gaining approval into the marketplace.

Any sugestion?

Which reviewer was it?

There are some areas of typography that could be better:

Generally I like the theme - it is minimal but in a nice way.

I don’t understand why my theme isn’t ready to send to marketplace, but the worst is that the soft rejected message is the same and there aren’t any feedback for fix or do better design.

Thanks for helping me.

What a gentle reviewer :smile: , you are lucky.

your item look nice but need work with spacing and typography, I mean real work with them. if you want my advise forget about that soft reject and deal with it as if it was a hard one. take your time and look first how others solve these spacing and typography problems then find your way and don’t worry the more you look the more details you will see on your item.

May I ask you when you submitted your item ?

I improved the typography, spacing, margins and general design and I need more suggestions, please.

Demo: http://doubleiu.me/wp/brok

Thank you.

That link is broken - Original link is ok

• The home page hover state is miles better

• Contact map is still very small

• Be careful with consistency e.g. tags on posts http://doubleiu.me/wp/brok/nunc-id-urna-ac-felis-dapibus-commodo/ and the video needs more padding too (text very close above and below)

• I’d still make a 3 column no sidebar version of this http://doubleiu.me/wp/brok/?s=s

• Try the widget post titles as 12px or 13px rather than 14px and see if you think it looks more fluid (sounds minor but on our screens it looks more natural to the copy around it).

• Typography is so much better without all the italics

I have done the changes, do you think that the theme is prepared to submit or I should do any change?

Thanks for helping me.

I’d submit at least to see where you are with it.

Double check it in FireFox (could be my cache).

If possible have a link in the nav for a ‘category’ (just to show practicality)

Drop the comment on contact page

I’d also be inclined to put the ‘classic’ and ‘masonry’ under ‘Home’ to make it obvious they can be used as different versions different versions

I have done.

I submitted the theme and the response is:

Theme needs improvement.

Sorry but your theme still does not meet the minimum quality requirements to be accepted into the WordPress category. Please concentrate on improving typography, layout, and general styling as these are key factors in gaining approval into the marketplace.

Any suggestion to improve typography, layout or general styling?

Any feedback?

Not really - I don’t see much wrong with it.

In my view your basics with type, spacing etc. are there. I am not sure what the reviewer is on about when it comes to layout unless they mean more options or variations.

Sorry I don’t have much more advice