My third item has been rejected - Could you please help me figure it out?

Hello all creators,

My third item has been rejected, i really don’t intend to give up but i find it very frustrating to try to figure it out by myself. Is it possible you could help me?
I really appreciate your guidance to let me know in which field should i put my effort in order to get trough the “No” barrier (Mix, Mastering, Composition, Sound design etc.).

Please find the link attached to my item “Complicated thing”

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18uwXZOoRa9N0VpmgSCiRwdjSKWHGijf0?usp=sharing

You May also find attached the reviewer answer:

“Thank you very much for your submission. After much consideration it has been decided that this item does not meet the general commercial quality standard required to be accepted on AudioJungle, unfortunately.”

Best Regards and Many Thanks,

Merav

Your song does not fit into any style, it has no specific emotions, it is bland :sleepy:

Where do you imagine using this song?

Hi there,

• The intro sounds kind of creepy to me, but suddenly the beat kicks in. First I thought it should be some cinematic track, but then I was confused. Maybe you should reconsider the basic feeling you want to express and try to stick to it. I guess on AJ a client is searching ONE track for ONE emotion and not one track for MANY emotions. :wink:
  • The sounds coming in at 0:48 min sound off to me. Maybe it’s the synth sound itself, or the voice is just too loudly mixed.
  • At 1:20 min the piano has a repetitive note, which also sounds odd to me. The rhythm is slightly off, which must not be a problem, while it can make it sound more human, no question. The dynamic of the notes are static, though. Maybe you should try to vary this at least.
  • The track is > 3:40 min in lengths, while it sounds very static to me, like you mainly did some patterns and did some copy&paste work here. I would try to at least have some voices evolve more so that even a maybe-static piece can become more alive.

The main problem really might be, like the previous poster already wrote: you have something with a hip-hop beat here, but a very odd and creepy sound and almost atonal notes here. Try to think of a clear application a client could have and make music for this application - the more common, the better, I guess.

Good luck next time. :slight_smile:

1 Like