Music License Issues YouTube

Hello,
I’m a professional filmmaker and editor and I use a lot of music on a weekly YouTube channel. I’ve spent 10 years purchasing royalty-free music and in the rare cases that there is a mistake with YouTube flagging a copyright issue, usually the music site from which I’ve purchased the track resolves the issue for me with YouTube. Before signing up to a yearly subscription, I wanted to ask about this as it seems that quite a few people are simply told to chase down the author - an infuriating process when one has already paid for the license and something I certainly don’t have time for when needing to publish within an hour of finishing an edit. Can anyone please advise me on how frequently this happens and if Envato issues a refund in the case that the author simply doesn’t respond?
Thank you so much in advance.

When you got a claim from Youtube just send them the invoice, they will be remove it.
Authors usually register ContentID to protect their work. Wouldnt be the first time that any other person register the track without permission…

Hello,

Most music is registered with ContentID nowadays. This means that using music on YouTube will usually generate a copyright notice. There is no way around this, I’m afraid.

The license you buy at Audiojungle is the key to clear this copyright claim. ContentID third-parties such as AdRev or Identifyy have a dedicated form where you can attach your license, the claim is then clear within a few hours.

This is how the system works, as set up by YouTube.

Authors may help facilitate this process for you, but you are not required to go through them.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. It’s strange because this has never been a problem with any of the other production music sites I purchase from - only Envato. I disputed the copyright claims on two tracks featured in a video I wanted to publish yesterday. I submitted the licenses and waited until both claims were released and YouTube stated there was no longer any monetisation restriction on this video. But when I published it today the tracks are listed below in the text description box as they are when the music rights holders are monetising a video. Can you suggest why this may be? It’s so frustrating to add this extra task to every video I create - if it’s going to be an ongoing problem with tracks from Envato (AudioJungle) I would rather purchase from other sites. Thank you in advance.

There is sometimes a delay in removing this note. No worries :slight_smile:

Actually it has become a standard in music industry and number of tracks in CID is dynamically rising. So it is safer to use CID registered tracks and clear instant claims now instead of surprising claims in the future. There is no way to buy cheap music and avoid CID claims unfortunately.

There are also CID pirates which are illegally registering unprotected tracks and making hard to clear claims.

This one thing makes the whole music offering useless.

And what about the music that doesn’t have content ID registration. You could end up getting conflicts with other people using/monetising the same music.

I almost signed up for the monthly subscription, but this was a deal breaker