Music License for over 100 product videos

Hi everybody,

hopefully anyone can help me out.
I was searching for music on audiojungle and happy that I’ve found two tracks… one for the opener/closer and one for the content film in between.

These music will be applied for over 100 product videos, for around 45 seconds.
Which license is therefore necessary?

I’m already bought the MUSIC BROADCAST LICENSE (1 MILLION)…
Is this license ONLY for ONE product video or covers them all of them?
These videos get uploaded on youtube as a playlist.

How can I get in contact with audiojungle in case to discuss a special deal?

thx for any advice
regards
Stevie

Hi Stevie,

in my opinion you will need the following licenses:

• one standard license for track in opener and closer (you can publish this opener forever). Keep in mind that this license will cover both opener and closer only if they can be treated as a one end product = if they will be very similar (authors please correct me if I’m wrong)
  • two standard licenses for the track in the “content film in between” based on a series policy which allows to publish 52 episodes of one series in one year period.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

hey… thank you for your answer!

1.ok…
the opener/closer is just an animation, its just a visual (branding with Logo of the company) bracket for the the video…therefor one standard license is enough!

the music in between is for the product part, and for each video its a different product shown.
What it means for one year period?
in the future there might be coming up more product videos…

For a creative supplier I`ll take care for the media production for my client. I’m in charge for the license.
Where I can find these special „series policy“ and can I get in contact with audiojungle to get licensing right?

Looking forward to hear from you and from audiojungle!
regards
Stevie

Here is help center:

It’s ok for the series policy.

If you want to publish content with music used with “different video content” you can do this as long as it can be described as a “series” of 52 episodes within one year. If you want to publish another episodes after one year period you will need to buy another license. It’s quite a good deal - thanks to this you will not have to buy 100 licenses but only 2 :slight_smile:

Here you go. Scroll to “What is a single application?” section.

thx man… its a good deal of course…!

for 300 videos I have to get 6 licenses + 1 license for the bracket?

Exactly :slight_smile:

thx man!

Hey again,

Ive read now the FAQs… and found this:
„. Example: A 12 episode TV series that starts in December and ends in July would only require a single license. A YouTube series that releases an episode every week (52 total) would only need to purchase a license once every year. A magazine that releases an edition every other month would need to purchase a license once every year…“

once a year? that means my client has to pay every year those 6 standard licenses?
This is for TV series but for product videos as well???

= in this example someone releases 52 episodes each year, year after year forever, e.g in 2020 52 episodes and in 2021 another 52, etc. (in two years it will be 104 episodes). So he will have to buy one license in 2020 for first 52 episodes and another in 2021 for next episodes, etc.

After you publish a video/series on Youtube it can stay there forever without the need of buying new licenses.

ok… I think I’ve got it…
I thought every year because to renew the license, but a new license is needed when the 53rd video goes online in 2021…!

thank you very much!

best regards
Stevie

1 Like

Hey RedOctopus,

sorry again… I´d like to make sure why its only one license needed for opener and closer?
The Animation is the same, as Opener and Closer, yes… therefore its treated as one end product…
Just go make sure, this animation ist in every product video…

Why I do just have to license this music ones? and not like the other Music for every 52 videos?
I cannot read anything about this special situation.

The Customer Service answered my questions very short, without any comments about the music for my graphical bracket for each video. they just mentioned the series license and told me if I’m unsure I have to think about getting legal advice.

very glad to get your opinion!

best regards
Stevie

Hi Stevie, like I said before:

in my opinion you will need the following licenses:

• one standard license for track in opener and closer (you can publish this opener forever). Keep in mind that this license will cover both opener and closer only if they can be treated as a one end product = if they will be very similar (authors please correct me if I’m wrong)
  • two standard licenses for the track in the “content film in between” based on a series policy which allows to publish 52 episodes of one series in one year period.

I gave you links. I am not sure what are you asking about. Could you please precise what concerns you? In normal situations standard licence is lifetime so it covers your opener/closer forever :slight_smile: In oposite to series policy which is for one year.

what I’m asking about is just to assure you’ve got my question right!

Because I could`t read anything about to licensing the music for my bracket…
Why this music counts not to the series of 52, like the music for the content in between?

In case you missunderstood my thread?
Its one video with 2 times music (opener+closer) and one music for the product part in the middle…!!

Therfore I could also suppose that I have to buy to standard licenses based on a series policy for 52 episodes and so on …

And you wrote: „…. if they will be very similar (authors please correct me if I’m wrong)…“
The authors (Envato) hasn’t been answered yet!?

I’m just concerned to get it wrong for my client…
and just wanna know the reason for a just one standard license.

Keep in mind that this is only my opinion which I give you voluntary. I am a composer, I am not staff member. Only Envato Help Center can give you an official answer. So:

1. Like I said before, standard license is lifetime for one end product OR 1-year long for one series of 52 episodes.
  1. The only unclear issue for me is the answer to question does one license covers both intro and outro. I haven’t seen them and I don’t know if they are similar enough to treat them as one end product. SO if you want to be sure that your client uses proper license, I would recommend buying two licenses: one for intro and second for outro. Usually standard license is very cheap so that’s what I would do. This way he will be more than safe.

Hello,

thank you very much for your time and help. I appreciate your advise!
The help Center didn’t help me and refer or recommend legal advise… because of that I get a little nervous… and actually I don’t know who can take care for a legal purchase.

My first Test-Video ist here: https://youtu.be/Ju6z-JueH0s
So you can see the opener and closer, and the (individual) product in the middle.

In our discussion every time coming up new details…
As you said 1-year long license for a 52 series, means that after ONE YEAR the license will expire?
And if they after 2020 are still online, I have to buy a new license for 2021?

I am German and my English is ok, but here its not that easy to get it right on so much information on the License FAQs.

best regards
Stevie

So opener and closer are THE SAME = one standard license.

No Stevie, we have discussed this already and you already have understood that one year period starts when you publish first video from series and regards only newly published videos. Like I said before once you upload video from series, you don’t have to renew the license after a year. It can stay on Youtube forever.

Hey… yes sorry… I remember!
ok… thx… and just one standard license for intro/outro for ALL Videos…

thank you!

Exactly.

ok… super!
this is not easy to read for me…!
thanks…

There is another way to be sure: to negotiate with the author, after your licenses are purchased.
I had such a case when the manufacturer bought all the licenses, but he had doubts and Envato employees could not give him a clear answer for confidence. They recommended that he contact the author and he wrote to me.
My written response is a document. And I confirmed in a letter that the manufacturer correctly licensed my sounds and can use it for the purposes for which it plans.
This was enough for the manufacturer to have confidence and join in the production, as He knows that there can be no complaints against him (and he has a document - my answer).