Music License for Product Videos

Hi There,

I am a little bit confused about the licensing conditions if I buy an audio Track on envato.
We would like to start producing short Product Videos on our website. Therefore I would like to buy a track from audio jungle. Here is my question: Can I buy ONE Track on Audio Jungle and use it for different Product videos or do I have to licence this track for each Product video.
And is it allowed in generell to use this track for this commercial use???
Thanks for any help in advance.

Best Regards
Tom

1 Like

Of course you can use many times , only question is how many listeners will listen !)))

1 Like

Oh…thank you very much for the prompt reply WildLion :smiley:
Is this sure that I can use it for differnet Videos??? Would be great.
And how can I prove to envato that I only have a couple of thousands listeners and not Millions???

We are just starting with Internet buisness (and envato) and we would like to be sure that we don´t get any problems regarding licensing penaltys.

well I don’t know , there was quite a lot of such issues , I think one of answers is trust )))

Hi there,

I’m sorry but @WildLion_Production answers are incorrect.

One license = one end product. Not as many as you want.

There is an exception in the case of a series. If the videos are closely related (similar topics, similar format) they can be considered part of a series. In which case one license covers up to 52 episodes or a year (whichever comes first).

Also, for most web uses audience is not a factor. Whether you have 10 viewers or 10 millions, a single standard license has it covered.

Audience is only a factor for mechanical reproduction and broadcast licenses.

5 Likes

I’m sorry , I will further study this question )

1 Like

Hi PurpleFog,

thank you very much for your answer.
If I understood you right …
For example: We want to make a videos seroies on our own www side like “How to use …” it would be okay to use it for a weekly series if the products are hardly related (which would be the case).

Mhhhh…strange licensing conditions which are not very clear for me (as a german:)

Thank you

Best Regards Tom

Yes, you got it right.

The licensing model is actually pretty straightforward with the “one license = one end product” rule. But the reality of specific cases created exceptions for series, or variations.

If it’s what constitute a series that you find strange or unclear, here’s what Envato is saying about it:

What constitutes a series (eg TV series, webisodes, or a magazine with monthly editions)?

To be considered a series, all things in the series (eg episode, edition) must be connected, and be released within 1 year of the first installment. There is also a maximum of 52 episodes or editions within the series.

Example: A 12 episode TV series that starts in December and ends in July would only require a single license. A YouTube series that releases an episode every week (52 total) would only need to purchase a license once every year. A magazine that releases an edition every other month would need to purchase a license once every year.

As you can see, the definition of a series is a bit loose, and thus at the advantage of the buyer.

Anyway, good luck with your videos and happy creating :smiley:

3 Likes

Great thank you very much. I listen to some of your tracks (Purple & WildLion) /// realyy good stuff which fits to my video ideas and I will choose a couple of them 4 sure:)
Best regrads from germany.

2 Likes