Motivation and a break from the music!

Hi guys!
How do you motivate yourself for new music projects? And how do you relax when you don’t write music? Your stimulus and your rest! It is very interesting to see these 2 components together. Thanks for your reply! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Motivation drivers: precise goals, self-improvement and of course - new sales :+1:t2: :facepunch:t2:

Rest: quality time with my fiancée, hanging out with interesting people and playing video games :laughing: :video_game:

And what is your answers?)

4 Likes

Thanks for the interesting answer!
My answer (I had to write right away) . Rest: Boxing(I really love sports since childhood), sports training as a rest, friends, time for a wife :slight_smile: Motivation and inspiration: I get inspired by music when I’m alone where there are few people(or a park, or a forest, or just a quiet place, when nothing and no one distracts me from the flight of fantasies in music)(sometimes illumination comes to me, a certain music that I hear in my head(as soon as it happens I immediately try to write it down before I forget), it comes to me like snow on my head, and it does not depend on me). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Money and freedom ))

7 Likes

Short, clear and honest! Thank you for your answer! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The main motivation for Making Music for me is love & passion for Music. ( This feeling has not left me since childhood ). Fortunately I’m not old yet (I’m 29 years old ). :nerd_face:
A good inspiration was the music school ( which leaves only positive emotions ).

I also notice the rise of inspiration from selling music.( It’s cool ) Let my sales are not great, but I have something to strive for :slight_smile:

Thank you for this forum and for the opportunity to share their thoughts!

3 Likes

Boxing?) nice :facepunch:t2:
Want to learn how to fight someday too))

2 Likes

I am motivated by the fact that I do it. I love music though I have limited knowledge. But this is an incentive to work and learn more). In the end time, I can’t relax because I’m hurting my conscience to work and I don’t always have something to write (. So I created a topic about other people’s work schedules to learn something new. Thanks)

3 Likes

Motivation = passion, money, badges, competition

Relax = sports (running, workout, soccer, tennis), movies & series

4 Likes

When I’m not making music for AJ I’m making music as a passion project. It never ends :stuck_out_tongue:.

I do take breaks now and then though. And when I do that I listen to music :smile:.

7 Likes

Well, it’s interesting to devote all your time only to music, even when you take a break. :slight_smile: It does not get fatigue without a rest after 3 years for example? :slight_smile: I probably could not have done it, but thanks for your reply! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers, opposite answers. Very interesting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What always help my motivation is to work on different genres, especially when I´m stuck with lets say a rock track, its great to just let it rest for a week or 2 and then work on something completely else.

I do have periods where I have lots of energy to produce music and forget to take days off, and then periods where things go veeeeery slow. But I´m trying to do something every weekday at least, even if its just 10-15 minutes… It helps for the motivation to “be in motion”, not just sit around waiting for those hit tracks to fall from the sky :sweat_smile:

I love jogging, and I found exercise to be a very important factor to maintain mental energy to actually “finish” music. Its always hard to finish tracks, but it gets easier with the more experience you have.

4 Likes

Motivation: The blissful and rewarding feeling of making something out of nothing. And paying rent…

Break and reward: Daily dog walk at the beach. Quiets the mind and sparks ideas for new songs.

4 Likes

My motivation is that more I compose, easier it becomes! Even when I am just relaxing, I keep paying attention to new ideas which might turn up, if so, I note them down!

3 Likes

Motivational Drivers: Listening to fellow composers produce amazing music, this pushes me more. I guess its a competition thing :slight_smile:
Rest: Love to surf, cycle and of course play video games!

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed answer! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

1 Like

That’s cool ! Thanks for your reply!

1 Like

Music was always and will be my biggest passion. I’m studing in music school - orchestral condactor, however during the studies my doctror say I’m loosing my hearing. So I can’t end my studies and I can’t do music in the way I woudl like. Maby I’ll not loss definitli my ears if I will be very very carful. But I can’t go on concerts, can’t be wathever where is noise, can’t listen music on headphones. In this way Audiojungle is big opportunity for me ! I can do music withaout endanger my hearing! It’s meen a world for me! I think thant here are many people with this problem I want to thanks to Envat Team that they take us chance.
So this is my motivation :slight_smile: I working hard becouse I have a possibility, my only possibility with music.
I spending my free time with my husband :slight_smile: I love sports, animals nad traveling :slight_smile:

6 Likes