Missing update notifications (emails)

I have 4 items in my download section. For three of them I have checked the option “Get notified by email if this item is updated”. But I get update notifications only for the first one. The others I have to check manually, which is really stupid and time consuming (especially as no version number is given).

I checked various help documents concerning updates. One says “Authors may choose to notify people who purchase their item via email.” (https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/204498364-Update-a-Purchased-Item ). So, I signed up as author to learn what needs to be done on their side and to let the authors know that they should send out update notifications. But nowhere in the author’s help could I find info on what needs to be done to send out these update notifications.

Does anyone know the trick?

Note: I posted this question also in the author’s hangout Howto enable update notifications

Hi @utrenkner

“Get notified by email if this item is updated” this options will send you notification when any update version will release and author checked the box ‘Send a notification to buyers when this update is approved’ at the time of update submission. So, you can get in touch with your purchased item author and let them know that you are not receiving update notification and request them to checked the box ‘Send a notification to buyers when this update is approved’ at the time of update submission.

How to contact an author (use the support page option):

Thanks

Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for!!!