(Locked) Templates Reseller

Hi,

I’d like to know if it is allowed if a Web hosting company was allowed to sell Themeforest themes to their clients, however the profits go to the template owner.

Basically what I mean is, a Web Hosting company allowed to advertise/list templates on their site without profiteering?

Thanks.

you could use the affiliate program http://themeforest.net/make_money/affiliate_program

OrganicBeeMedia said

you could use the affiliate program http://themeforest.net/make_money/affiliate_program

Thanks for you reply, that’s all good, however affiliate program is much more suited for an individual user rather than a business…I was looking in terms for an API as such?

I know that this exact question has been asked for years and I can only go from memory - basically what you want to do is show an image of the template / theme etc and then you have to buy a license per order - nothing wrong with that.

Jonathan

jonathan01 said

I know that this exact question has been asked for years and I can only go from memory - basically what you want to do is show an image of the template / theme etc and then you have to buy a license per order - nothing wrong with that.

Jonathan

Exactly, He/She picks and chooses template of their desire from Themeforest listed on my site, profits go to Theme Authors etc…

I believe Themeforest should make an API for this.

Any info on this suggestion?

webarc said

Any info on this suggestion?

You won’t get an answer to an api extension request on a public forum :slight_smile:

But a heads up - something like an addition to the current API offering would take “considerable time” to get through Envato I’m afraid :wink:

Jonathan

I’m sorry for bump this post but this is exactly what I was looking for.

Affiliate is very different from reseller. I buy and customize templates for my customers (the don’t buy them themselves) and I think there should be a price differentiation for business like us that buy templates for customers regulary and a indicidual bying a single template to customize it himself.

Actually an API would help me a lot for example to build a catalog for my customers to chose form. That’s what we do with Template mosnter (http://catalogo.y2kwebs.com/) but their themplates are not as good as themeforest’s :slight_smile:

I’m very new to TF, this has probably been discussed before, but any tip will be welcome.

regards,

mcongosto said

I’m sorry for bump this post but this is exactly what I was looking for.

Affiliate is very different from reseller. I buy and customize templates for my customers (the don’t buy them themselves) and I think there should be a price differentiation for business like us that buy templates for customers regulary and a indicidual bying a single template to customize it himself.

Sorry to say this but you must be joking!!
You want an even lower price, for the quality stuff you already get for it???
Come on dude! You already only pay 40 to 50 dollar for a fully functional Wordpress theme with tons of options, with a development worth of at least times 50!

I’m going to reference you to this post: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/author-recognition/85423

People are out of their mind these days…

I am not joking, I strongly disagree with you and definitively don’t appreciate your tone.

We are ALL doing business here. If I’m buying 50+ templates a year it is normal to ask for a better price. Its a simple and very popular concept, I don’t get why it makes you hit the exclamation and question mark keys so many times. B2B vs B2C.

There might be other reasonable explanations of why there is not a resellers/developers program for bulk buyers.

regards,

Not a chance. C’mon, you get a complete theme that would cost you $3-4000+ for $40 and you want a discount? This is a joke.

I can see the logic behind your thinking mcongosto. However it is simply not possible to bulk buy and get a better price because if you would buy themes from different authors then who’s theme would be sold cheaper?

To put it short, bulk buying could be made possible amongst one authors work, but if you buy multiple’s author work then it simply would be to hard to arrange which author recieves less for his theme.

I do agree with Chapterthemes though. The themes here on Themeforest are of amazing quality and are worth far more then the price of a single download :slight_smile: When you purchase them and use them for your clients you will probably get a good profit out of it, regardless of the price you paid here.

mcongosto said

I am not joking, I strongly disagree with you and definitively don’t appreciate your tone.

We are ALL doing business here. If I’m buying 50+ templates a year it is normal to ask for a better price. Its a simple and very popular concept, I don’t get why it makes you hit the exclamation and question mark keys so many times. B2B vs B2C.

There might be other reasonable explanations of why there is not a resellers/developers program for bulk buyers.

regards,

Ah give me a break. You don’t hear my tone, you imagine my tone, and for some reason you pick a bad or angry tone, and that’s not my problem.

And maybe your not joking, it still is the biggest joke ever. Wanting to pay even less.
Do you even realize most of the time you get like for 2000 dollars of development for just 40 / 50 bucks? ( only one question mark ).

And do you forget the support most authors give besides that? Hell, if you ask me, there should be a higher rate for businesses so they pay for the extra support.

All the best with your business though! ( one mark, boom :slight_smile: )

FinalDestiny said

Not a chance. C’mon, you get a complete theme that would cost you $3-4000+ for $40 and you want a discount? This is a joke.

It is not a joke!

what is wrong with you guys?

It is not my fault that you are selling you templates this cheap! that might be because the business model, driven by competition, offer and demand. You should be mad at TF or at the the whole template design industry if you want but what I am saying is that it completely normal: to have a different price if you are business buying bulk.

If you think you are getting too little for your templates then do something about it, but don’t tell me that I’m cheap for pretending getting a better price for bulk purchases. Everybody does that, even when you go to costco. If a customers purchases from me 3 sites at a time OF COURSE i will give a better price per site than if its only one, or else my competition will.

mcongosto said
FinalDestiny said

It is not a joke!

It is not my fault that you are selling you templates this cheap! that might be because the business model, driven by competition, offer and demand. You should be mad at TF or at the the whole template design industry if you want but what I am saying is that it completely normal: to have a different price if you are business buying bulk.

If you think you are getting too little for your templates then do something about it, but don’t tell me that I’m cheap for pretending getting a better price for bulk purchases. Everybody does that, even when you go to costco. If a customers purchases from me 3 sites at a time OF COURSE i will give a better price per site than if its only one, or else my competition will.

Read my reply why this just isn’t possible :slight_smile:

ChapterThemes said
mcongosto said

regards,

Ah give me a break. You don’t hear my tone, you imagine my tone, and for some reason you pick a bad or angry tone, and that’s not my problem.

And maybe your not joking, it still is the biggest joke ever. Wanting to pay even less.
Do you even realize most of the time you get like for 2000 dollars of development for just 40 / 50 bucks? ( only one question mark ).

And do you forget the support most authors give besides that? Hell, if you ask me, there should be a higher rate for businesses so they pay for the extra support.

All the best with your business though! ( one mark, boom :slight_smile: )

man go cry to TF to increase your cut or sell you templates more expensive or change career. Do you want me to fell sorry for you because you think $40 is too little for a template? I didn’t come up with that price! TF did! the market did!

I am just somebody that might buy from you and I don’t a appreciate at all that you insinuate I am a insensitive cheap person. You are selling commercials templates to make money and help others make money.

mcongosto said

It is not my fault that you are selling you templates this cheap!

And still, you want it even cheaper…

You going to sound like a bird: ‘cheaper cheaper cheap cheap’.

I’m sorry, that was childish of me, but for some reason i’m getting really giggly of this :sarcasm:

I don’t think the prices are wrong, but they sure as hell shouldn’t go down.

The current pricing model is just fine and I’m 100% sure there won’t be any decrease at all since most authors here won’t agree. I’m pretty sure ALL the authors won’t agree with this.

You shouldn’t look at reducing $5 off the themes price, but look for more decent clients instead of taking websites for $100 projects and complaining here that you want a cheaper price for our work, when we spend weeks to develop one theme.

wpminima said

I can see the logic behind your thinking mcongosto. However it is simply not possible to bulk buy and get a better price because if you would buy themes from different authors then who’s theme would be sold cheaper?

To put it short, bulk buying could be made possible amongst one authors work, but if you buy multiple’s author work then it simply would be to hard to arrange which author recieves less for his theme.

I do agree with Chapterthemes though. The themes here on Themeforest are of amazing quality and are worth far more then the price of a single download :slight_smile: When you purchase them and use them for your clients you will probably get a good profit out of it, regardless of the price you paid here.

This is a much reasonable explanation to why this might not work. However, the extra discount should probably come from TF’s cut, so I don’t know why you designers should worry or get mad about.

The templates might be worth $1000 but they are aslo sol many times, at leat the good ones. It is still not enough? you still cannot make a life out of this? that is something completely different to what I’m saying, and if this is the case the WHOLE model should be revised, because if $40 is to little for for you template, 10% more or less won’t make difference.

For example, Template Monster, wich i think is a TF competition, gives resellers 20% discount on every template.

Or even better: the same ENVATO network gives a WHOLE 30% commission to affiliates. Who pays for this commission? Envato does, not designers, right? this is exactly my point.