(Locked) Online Food Ordering System

I’ve just bagged myself a client that owns a restaurant and he wants the functionality of allowing customers to order takeaway online for collection/delivery.

I’ve never looked into this before so don’t have a clue where to start. I have little programming experience so building this sort of system myself is out of the question. Are they any trusted systems/scripts out there that can do this for me?

WordPress & Woocommerce to do the online ordering and then a tablet in the restaurant to check for orders

Don’t over complicate things :wink:

I wasn’t planning on making a wordpress site though, just a static one with the implementation of the ordering system!

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Any eCommerce system should work, but as WooCommerce has an iOS app, amongst tons of other awesome features, it’d be easy to get order info quickly and easily in the restaurant.

lspoor said

I wasn’t planning on making a wordpress site though, just a static one with the implementation of the ordering system!

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

There are loads of ordering systems include just eat and hungry house but you will pay setup fees, rental fees (their software and printers) and then a percentage of all sales.

If you do it yourself you could have it sorted for less than £100 e.g.

• theme from themeforest, upto £40
  • web hosting - upto £40 a year
  • plugins from codecanyon if you need them

There is no cheaper solution than putting together a WP site with woo and a tablet to read the orders off, simple to do.

Just done one for a catering event in the UK, cost them more than £100 (I did a custom theme and custom integrations) but does exactly what they want and was a 10th of the price a custom solution was going to be.

Gareth_Gillman said

If you do it yourself you could have it sorted for less than £100 e.g.

• theme from themeforest, upto £40
  • web hosting - upto £40 a year
  • plugins from codecanyon if you need them

There is no cheaper solution than putting together a WP site with woo and a tablet to read the orders off, simple to do.

I 100% agree (most of our customers run WooCommerce), but I would recommend not to go for a cheap hosting. Any managed WordPress hosting would provide a much better experience, and it would be only marginally more expensive.

In same boat to OP

so we are building him a phone gap app, one was released on here recently :wink: have a look.

Caled restaurant app or something, played a little with it looks good.

Edit : link http://codecanyon.net/item/restaurant-app-with-cms-ios/8170683

Hi,

I am in process of creating a WordPress plugin for the same which will accept, PayPal and Credit Cards etc. It also include table reservations and different types of menu styles.

Trying my best to finish this by end of this month.

Thanks,
Mohit Aneja

I made a pizza ordering system once… and some kiosks and menuboards and misc ordering systems for the food industry… it’s not so complicated but i dont use these frameworks of which the others speak… i’m a custom coder.

I could show you how to make any system you want, even one that will automatically print a ticket in the kitchen and let them pay online… it just depends on their needs.

(most importantly) How do they want to receive their order?

• displayed on a screen in the kitchen
  • printed on their POS receipt printer
  • show up on their POS machine
  • texted to the chefs phone
  • attached to a buzzer, displayed on a screen and put in a database
  • etc

Do they charge online or upon pickup/delivery?

Do they have a design for the web ordering system?

How often will their menu or pricing change?

These are things to ask them… it will help you draw up a detailed list of the specifications so that you can start planning the infrastructure… or you could always use some ready-made solution, but it sounds like you want to do a custom job if i’m not mistaken

Great advice, any chance of seeing what you have made ?

I had to sign non-disclosure agreements :frowning: