Just-Eat Clone for Magento

Hi,

I am working on a project which requires a website similar to just-eat.com.

We will charge vendors a commission from sales. The user will be given a choice of stores which deliver to their postcode.

Please let me know, how long it will take and how much it will cost.

john@savagedesignandmarketing.com

Many Thanks
John

Personally wouldn’t suggest magento, you’ll find it better finding someone who can do a bespoke product.

Ok thanks for the advice. Why is Magento not a good option?

Cheers, John

Well in my experience magento is for really big builds but something tiny can completely ruin a website it will also take a lot of modifications to get what you want to happen and there is no guaranteeing it will work together.

Feel free to contact me through my profile page if you’d like to speak about it more

Definitely, you should use Magento. This is the best eCommerce platform!

I agree with Flatking. Unless you are going on a massive scale with serious budgets behind you for the right people and build then Magento (irrelevant of how good it is) is simply over complicating the situation unnecessarily.

Thanks for the advice guys. So could anyone please quote me for another solution?

It would depend on a lot of elements e.g. how many stores? How wider search area? What level of traffic you are estimating? What level of search definition? Store reviews? What information needs to be easily manageable? Direct invoicing? Can stores update their own information? How do you need the orders to be sent from the website to the store and so on.

I know someone who carried out a commercial project to create a competitor site to just eat last year and it is an extremely complex set up if done properly.

Bottom line to realistically quote you anyone will need a lot more detail and anyone who is willing to give a cost based off your first post is probably not someone you want to work with.

Looking at just eat that is a substantial set up and so absolute ballpark several thousand $ upwards depending on the complexity.

I prefer this one:
http://smartorderonline.com

A nice, feature rich, Joomla based solution for online food ordering with similar functionality as just-eat.com. It provides full frontend and admin demos, so it’s worth a try! :slight_smile:

akosmagus said

I prefer this one:
http://smartorderonline.com

A nice, feature rich, Joomla based solution for online food ordering with similar functionality as just-eat.com. It provides full frontend and admin demos, so it’s worth a try! :slight_smile:

It’s a year old thread :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestion though. I hope you are not someone who is doing link building