This event is now over. Winners Announced soon!
We've put $6,000 bounty on the heads of Envato's most wanted file type - HTML5 Ad Templates on CodeCanyon.
How do you collect?
Be one of the first 20 to have a HTML5 Ad Template uploaded and approved and we'll hand out $200 per item.
We’re also running a Best Item Contest where authors of all HTML5 Ad Templates submitted between November 24th and January 26th will have a chance to win the following cash prizes:
$750: 1st Place
$500: 2nd Place
$250: 3rd Place
We’re also offering $500 to the author who submits the most HTML5 Ad Templates.
HTML5 Ad Templates must include the following to be eligable:
- Animated / Interactive elements. For example, expandable, video / media player, etc
- A minimum of 3 sizes. See Wiki page on standard banner sizes
- Made with / Compatible with Google Web Designer. Read more about Google Web Designer
Why Google Web Designer?
Google Web Designer integrates nicely with Google Drive, AdWords, and other Google products, making it a popular choice for online advertisers and marketers. Ads built with Google Web Designer have garnered 2.5 billion impressions since the launch of the product!
“Tighter integrations with Google Drive, DoubleClick Studio, DoubleClick Campaign Manager and AdWords let users collaborate on their works-in-progress and publish finished units more quickly. This integration marks the first time that AdWords will support HTML5 ads.”
To Help You Get StartedBe sure to check out thes resources to help you get started:
- Head over to the Google Web Designer page to download your copy and read more about the features.
- Tuts+ article: A First Look At Google Web Designer
- Google article: One Year In: An Update On Google Web Designer
If you have any questions during the contest please post in this thread & we'll help you out!
It’s a Contest!
This Envato’s Most Wanted is a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the terms in full!
Here are the key details:
- Submit your items on or after Monday, November 24th and before the competition closes on Monday, January 26th at 23.59 AEDT time.
- The winning files will get a share of $6,000.
- Envato staff to vote on prize winners.
- An author can enter as many items as they wish.
- An author can win a maximum of one (1) “Best Item” prize.
- An author can win a maximum of two (2) "First 20 Prizes".
- An author can convert existing items into Google Web Designer templates. These will be included in the First 20 prizes.
- All winners will receive the much-desired "Won a Most Wanted Contest" badge.
- Final eligabilty on entries for prizes are determined by Envato staff.
- Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
- If the "Most Items Submitted" prize is a tie, the cash winnings will be split.
- Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
We’ll announce the winners a week or two after the event closes, and send out the prizes two or three weeks after that. So, let’s get started. To be in the running, follow our procedure to the letter!
How to Submit Your Items
- Upload your items according to the normal upload instructions.
- Make sure your familiar with the Submission Requirements
- Submit your items to the HTML5 > Ad Templates category on CodeCanyon
- Be sure to choose 'Google Web Designer' in the 'Software Version' box during the upload process
What to Do After Your Items Are Approved
Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
- Complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement. By doing this, you agree to keep any winning entries online for a minimum of two years.
- Post your approved entries in this thread.
It’s as simple as that! Good luck!