This event is now over. Winners announced!
We've put $4,000 bounty on the heads of Envato's most wanted file type - HTML5 Games on CodeCanyon.
How do you collect? Submit a HTML5 game template between June 20th and August 8th and you will enter into the many chances to win to a cash prize! Here's everything we are giving away:
- Most Innovative Game: $500
- Best Sports Game: $500
- Best Adventure Game: $500
- Best Puzzle Game: $500
- Best Word Game: $500
- Best Casino Game: $500
- Best Strategy Game: $500
- Best Educational Game: $500
Please note: Only full game templates with playable live previews will be considered for eligibility. Prizes are only awarded to items that are worthy contenders of the prize category. Our decision on whether items meet the prize criteria are final as per the contest terms and conditions. Also if only one entry exists in a ‘Best Category’ this does not automatically mean winning a prize. Final eligibility of prizes determined by Envato Staff. For example, a game deemed too basic might not be worthy of a prize.
It’s a Contest!
This Envato’s Most Wanted is a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the in full!
Here are the key details:
- Submit your items on or after Friday, June 20th and before the competition closes on Friday, August 8th at 23.59pm AEST time.
- The winning files will get a share of $4,000 of prizes!
- Winners will receive a "Won a Contest" badge.
- An author can enter as many items as they wish.
- An author can win multiple ‘Best category’ prizes (for different items).
- An author can win ‘Best Category’ and 'Most Innovative' prizes for the same item.
- Prizes are voted on by Envato staff.
- If only one entry is submitted to a ‘Best Category’ this does not automatically mean winning the prize.
- Full game templates only will be eligible.
- Playable live preview of game must exist to be eligible.
- Items based on HTML5 game frameworks are allowed, e.g. Construct.
- Final eligibility of prizes are determined by Envato Staff.
- Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
- Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
We’ll announce the winners a week or two after the event closes, and send out the prizes two or three weeks after that. So, let’s get started. To be in the running, follow our procedure to the letter!
To Help You Get Started
Head over to Gamedev Tuts+ to find some resources to help you start building HTML5 games. Here is a list of some specific articles to help give you the headstart you need:
- Recommended Resources: Game Development
- Game Input Simplified
- Game Audio Simplified
- Quick Tip: What Is the Best Screen Resolution for Your Game?
- How to Learn the Phaser HTML5 Game Engine
- Build a Two-Player "Small Tactics" Board Game in Construct 2: Part 1
- Create a Bomberman-Inspired Game in Construct 2: The Player and the Level
- Make a Match-3 Game in Construct 2: The Basics
- Common Missteps of Newcomers to the Construct 2 Gamedev Community
How to Submit Your Items
- Upload your items according to the normal upload instructions.
- Submit your items to CodeCanyon > HTML5 > Games
What To Do After Your Items Are Approved
Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
- For an entry to be eligible authors must complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement and choose the prize categories you wish to enter into.
- Post a link to your item in this forum thread in order for it to be eligible for the contest.