Lack of feedback regarding rejections

Hello fellow AudioJungle authors/users :slight_smile: .

Recently, I have uploaded 3 tracks to my portfolio, and all of them have been hard rejected.
In the rejection email, I have gotten the usual “Your track does not meet AudioJungle’s commercial production (samples/recording/mixing/mastering) standard, unfortunately. To understand commercial stock composition, arrangement and production better, please read the following article http://enva.to/6D-sd”.

As any author would do, I accepted the rejection and went on again to read more about AudioJungle’s needs, as they are written in the article linked in the mail message.

The thing is, that article is pretty general and rather common-sense - and even after reading it I don’t really know what’s the problem with my tracks - what should I improve upon to make sure my tracks are suitable for AudioJungle?

What I am trying to say is that it would be amazing if the staff that does the evaluation could be a little more specific with the feedback - for example “This track does not meet the mixing standards - the dynamics are way to limited and there is a strong dis balance between the lows and the highs. The reverb is way to muddy” or “This track does not meet our compositional standards because the melody in the chorus is too simple”.

The thing is I am not an expert, but neither a beginner when it comes to audio, and I want to keep learning everyday.
I do already have tracks approved that are worse (in my opinion - regarding their composition/mixing/mastering) than the ones that got rejected now, so the fact that I don’t really know the exact reasons all three of them don’t fit the standards really got me confused.

What do you think? Wouldn’t it be a great plus if we could get a little more detailed feedback regarding the reason a track got rejected? Could this be done by the staff (I do know the huge number of tracks they review daily, that’s why I am wondering)? I think it would be a huge thing for most authors if this could be done. Thank you for your time!

Although feedback is always helpful I do think there would be problems. Firstly, as you say the sheer number of tracks being submitted would make it a challenge to provide more detailed feedback. Secondly, the moment you get to specific reasons for rejection it’s likely to open up a whole load more disputes about whether the points being made are valid or not. I do think we have to accept that there will always be a degree of subjectivity in the judgements being made - and the higher the quality bar is set the more ‘contentious’ decisions there are likely to be unfortunately!

Hey Paul, thank you for your reply.

I do agree with you - it would be quite a challenge for AJ to provide more specific feedback, but I think it would really help make the platform better, as more people would upload more suitable tracks. In the end it’s a win-win for everybody.

Regarding the disputes that could come up with more detailed feedback, I think that is not really that important. At the end of the day, as a creator, no matter what you think, you need to agree with the evaluation. You can’t really do much if your track gets rejected, just upload a better one next time. I don’t have a problem with the rejection, I would just love to know what do I need to change for my future tracks to make them more suitable. I thought I improved upon my older tracks that got accepted, and the fact that now all 3 tracks that I submitted got hard rejected made me, as I said, a little confused.

Unfortunately, I think there are far more rejections being handed out than previous. That can be a good thing as the library will be higher quality overall. That being said I’ve heard some rejections that were surprising as to why…

I think, that you can use forum for that)
Different authors are always happy to support you)

Rewiers have tons of music everyday, It’s very difficult to write every mistakes for everybody…