Lack of feedback regarding rejections

Hello fellow AudioJungle authors/users :slight_smile: .

Recently, I have uploaded 3 tracks to my portfolio, and all of them have been hard rejected.
In the rejection email, I have gotten the usual ā€œYour track does not meet AudioJungleā€™s commercial production (samples/recording/mixing/mastering) standard, unfortunately. To understand commercial stock composition, arrangement and production better, please read the following article http://enva.to/6D-sdā€.

As any author would do, I accepted the rejection and went on again to read more about AudioJungleā€™s needs, as they are written in the article linked in the mail message.

The thing is, that article is pretty general and rather common-sense - and even after reading it I donā€™t really know whatā€™s the problem with my tracks - what should I improve upon to make sure my tracks are suitable for AudioJungle?

What I am trying to say is that it would be amazing if the staff that does the evaluation could be a little more specific with the feedback - for example ā€œThis track does not meet the mixing standards - the dynamics are way to limited and there is a strong dis balance between the lows and the highs. The reverb is way to muddyā€ or ā€œThis track does not meet our compositional standards because the melody in the chorus is too simpleā€.

The thing is I am not an expert, but neither a beginner when it comes to audio, and I want to keep learning everyday.
I do already have tracks approved that are worse (in my opinion - regarding their composition/mixing/mastering) than the ones that got rejected now, so the fact that I donā€™t really know the exact reasons all three of them donā€™t fit the standards really got me confused.

What do you think? Wouldnā€™t it be a great plus if we could get a little more detailed feedback regarding the reason a track got rejected? Could this be done by the staff (I do know the huge number of tracks they review daily, thatā€™s why I am wondering)? I think it would be a huge thing for most authors if this could be done. Thank you for your time!

Although feedback is always helpful I do think there would be problems. Firstly, as you say the sheer number of tracks being submitted would make it a challenge to provide more detailed feedback. Secondly, the moment you get to specific reasons for rejection itā€™s likely to open up a whole load more disputes about whether the points being made are valid or not. I do think we have to accept that there will always be a degree of subjectivity in the judgements being made - and the higher the quality bar is set the more ā€˜contentiousā€™ decisions there are likely to be unfortunately!

Hey Paul, thank you for your reply.

I do agree with you - it would be quite a challenge for AJ to provide more specific feedback, but I think it would really help make the platform better, as more people would upload more suitable tracks. In the end itā€™s a win-win for everybody.

Regarding the disputes that could come up with more detailed feedback, I think that is not really that important. At the end of the day, as a creator, no matter what you think, you need to agree with the evaluation. You canā€™t really do much if your track gets rejected, just upload a better one next time. I donā€™t have a problem with the rejection, I would just love to know what do I need to change for my future tracks to make them more suitable. I thought I improved upon my older tracks that got accepted, and the fact that now all 3 tracks that I submitted got hard rejected made me, as I said, a little confused.

Unfortunately, I think there are far more rejections being handed out than previous. That can be a good thing as the library will be higher quality overall. That being said Iā€™ve heard some rejections that were surprising as to whyā€¦

I think, that you can use forum for that)
Different authors are always happy to support you)

Rewiers have tons of music everyday, Itā€™s very difficult to write every mistakes for everybodyā€¦