I've used my affiliate link but no revenues. Please help

Hi,
Two weeks ago, my client accesed envato with my affiliate link and bought a theme from themeforest. But, I haven´t recieve my money back! Please help me

Hey,

According to Envato Affiliate page: https://themeforest.net/affiliate_program When a new user clicks your referral link, signs up for an account and purchases an item (or deposits money) via any of the Envato Market sites, you will receive 30% of that person’s first cash deposit or purchase price. If they deposit $20 into their account, you get $6. If they buy a $200 item, you get $60.

So, if your client already had that account created before, then this is why you didn’t got your affiliate fee :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining the whole referral system in a few simple words )

1 Like

Thanks ThemeSLR, this is in fact correct. Affiliate commissions are earned on 1st deposit or purchases only.
Our full affiliate terms can be found here

1 Like

Wow… Its not fair. I told them to sign up and then to purchase a theme via my link. Bad politic. Not recommended.

Hey Iggodin,
Thanks for your post.
If this was their 1st purchase or deposit then the your affiliate link should have worked
Feel free to email market.affiliates@envato.com to discuss how we can help you optimise your affiliate approach to drive more 1st time depositors.

Thanks

The 1st purchase rule is a joke and I am sorry to say it but your affiliate system is one of the worst I have ever worked with.
Each purchase should award a commission.
very disappointed…I am not going to refer you again.

Hi @webalizeit,
Thanks for your feedback, we encourage all feedback on our program whether it’s good or bad. Please feel free to leave yours here.

More than happy for you to send us your approach to driving referral traffic so we can make suggestions to you on how to optimise your content and help you increase your affiliate earnings. Our program is proud to have multiple affiliates who earn 5 figure commissions each month and we are always more than willing to help our affiliates reach their individual goals.
Regards,
Emile
Envato Affiliate Team

OMG! This must be one the worst rules ever, I had no idea about this and I just started to promote this affiliate program.

This means that I can only earn money on the first buy from a referral? Is this a joke?

Is this about to change or are you still going to keep this rule?

1 Like

They pay 30% commission. And the majority of sales result in Envato paying the author around 70%… so if they paid 30% on all sales then Envato wouldn’t make any money. Maybe they could do some kind of compromise at, say 10% of all purchases for a year, but 30% on all sales wouldn’t be feasible.