Is Youtube Creator Music dangerous?

Hi! How do you think will Youtube Creator Music catalog effects audiojungle?

5 Likes

Sounds like the end for AJ… and every other platform.

The shared ad revenue is quite exciting and a game changer for both the content creator and the music author.

3 Likes

All these big changes / new services all the time, not good for stability of a business. In other hand, things had to change, I hope it will be for the best !

1 Like

Sounds great to me! I’m not exactly hyped with keeping 250 tracks gathering dust here so it might be a nice new outlet to explore. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I’m sure it will lead to something interesting. I also think Facebook will introduce this kind of split for Insta / Fb video between Content Creator and composer ! Let’s see how it goes, hope is allowed :slight_smile:

The question is how do we make our music available for the licensing on youtube? This video is for video content creators, not for music creators supplying the music to videos. I hope youtube makes it easy for us to add music to their available for license music!

2 Likes

Please write if you know any news on how to insert our music in these catalogs @WormwoodMusic @Osynthw @EnchantedForestMusic @PurpleFog @Dredstudio

3 Likes

I just hope it will be available through YouTube Music / distrokid

4 Likes

I know TuneCore artists can get into the library since they’re one of the partners as noted here. I’m not sure about Distrokid, but since you get a YouTube artist channel through them, it’s likely they’re a partner as well.

This is from Billboard regarding Creator Music as of 09/20/2022:

YouTube already has deals in place with more than 50 labels, publishers, and distributors, including Believe, Downtown and Empire, to make “several hundred thousand tracks” available to license through Creator Music at the click of a button, according to Muller. The early participants are from the independent label community, though Muller says “we’re talking to everyone, including the majors.”

Music rights holders can choose to make their catalog accessible to YouTubers in two different ways: One option is to charge up-front for a license, in which case the video’s creator is entitled to all the back-end revenue (minus YouTube’s share of 45%). The alternative is to enter into a revenue-share model, where there is no initial cost for the license but the creator splits the 55% portion, taking home 27.5% (minus a small performance rights fee), while the remaining 27.5% is divided between other music rights holders.

Labels and publishers who take the first route get to set their own price for a license; the majority of prices currently range from free to $4.99, though this could change.

2 Likes

So they managed to beat AJ’s infamous $5ers?!

What author would agree to give up on ContentID revnue for less than $5?.. oh right, a shitload of them.

6 Likes

Somebody turn off the ECG, we’re all sick of hearing the flatline tone…

5 Likes

You’re not wrong! That’s what it’s boiling down to now… the infamous race to the bottom that started here after ADP was implemented.

YouTube Creator Music might be a good deal for the labels, publishers and distributors as an easy revenue stream for doing pretty much nothing… not so good for the individuals who wrote the music. What else is new?

4 Likes

Once AudioJungle is finally ruined and gone and Elements remains closed to those who want to be part of it then there really is no option for those who want to swim in the swamp.

1 Like

As an update, take note that some high level YouTube influencers are discouraging their audiences from using YouTube Creator Music. There are several, but watch these two and see if you can resist leaving a comment:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

How many YouTube content creators just rip music without any regard to rights holders? It just illustrates the point on how important it is to register your tracks. Elements compounds the problem for authors since they do not know who has downloaded the track and where it is being used let alone if the correct usage is being adhered to.

What a mindfield!

1 Like

Yes, it’s a huge chaotic mess. I got out of licensing a while back in favor of other musical endeavors. For me, I’m at a point where I want to be paid for the work upfront and call it a day. There’s too much game playing and out maneuvering in licensing now, not to mention all of the theft. You put in time to create something only to get back pennies or have it stolen and used for free.

Not sure what the next phase will eventually be. But something else needs to come along.

2 Likes

Video specifically on YouTube Creator Music from YouTube - Full Explanation and details

1 Like

The people behind the second video are also behind a free music site being promoted to creators.

Although this site is very limited in range of genre and amount of content, it exists for creators to use. The quality is not bad, probably on a par with some of the items found on AJ but it does not have the unique items. I and others have banged on that authors here really do need to provide niche items that provide buyers with something special. For too long have a large part of AJ have copied tracks from other authors without offering something different and now we have sites like this who will swallow up those who require “standards”.
Successful authors such as Pinkzebra really do come into their own as the content offered by these incredible authors illustrate how good they are. The rest of us flounder and wonder “where do we go next”. Folks there will be many more free sites offering a greater range of free tracks, the question is will you now rise to the challenge and start to do something that is different and warrant a selling price to justify it’s existence?
This site does not mention any tiered licensing so broadcast is still up for grabs - is you music broadcast quality?

Why do you think that a lot of authors sell their items so cheaply? Who will pay for something that is available elsewhere and is possibly free? Authors have only themselves to blame for the implosion of the sync licensing. It does not help that subscription has now become the norm and that AJ is now relegated to the supporting role of Elements. Promotion on AJ aside - there will still be a queue of authors wanting to join even if earnings will be drastically cut. What a mess.

4 Likes