I should be in second place in the top new authors, but I didn't get to the top. Don't understand why :-)

Hello! Maybe someone can help me.

Question about top new authors. I just want to understand how it works))

• I registered to the website as the author in December 2017.
  • The first item was published on 23 December 2017.
  • In January, 2018 I was 46 sales.

I thought I was supposed to get into the top new authors January 2018, but not got there. I don’t understand why.

1. The site says "Listed here are the top new authors for the previous month based on sales volume."That is based on sales of the previous month.

2. In the top new authors January 2018 in the first place, the author of which 48 sales. In the second place the author whom 42 sales. I have 46 in January sales. That is, I was supposed to be in second place, but I was not at all in this top.

3. At first I thought that this top are only those authors who published his first item in January. But the top consists of seven authors who posted his first item in 2017 and even in April 2017.

I don’t want to say anything bad about the authors or about someone else. I just want to understand how it works and why I didn’t get this top.

Thank you all for your response and help :slight_smile:

As your first item was published in December you don’t qualify unfortunately. To qualify for Top New Authors, your first item published has to be in that month ie. January.

Just re-reading your post now - not sure about those authors. There must be a glich in the matrix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

That is weird. None of them should qualify for a spot on the Top New Author list. Something’s not right here…

Unfortunately you wouldn’t make the list either. Many of us have had our hopes crushed in the same way when we first started out.

Thanks for answer!!

Don’t worry about it too much. It won’t affect sales, my friend got to that list last year and didn’t noticed any sales boost. Customers here are looking for a tracks, not for authors…so.

2 Likes

Yes, I also thought about it… Thanks.))

Have you asked the support team? I guess better to write them an email.

yes… i wrote to them… thanks)