I don't understand the difference between the licenses?

Basically, I want a website that I can sell my photos from. I’ve already selected the template, but I don’t understand what lincese I need. This is what is confusing me:

1. You can create one End Product for a client, and you can transfer that single End Product to your client for any fee. This license is then transferred to your client.

2. You can’t Sell the End Product, except to one client. (If you or your client want to Sell the End Product, you will need the Extended License.)

I don’t understand if these clauses are talking about selling anything at all on your website, or if it’s talking about modding and selling the template.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Selling items on your site is a regular license eg a shop selling clothes.

Basically if there is a charge to use the site eg subscription, commission from sales by other people selling via your site then it needs an extended license.

If you are just editing a theme to sell your own photos then you only need a regular license

Thanks a load, Charlie!

The subscription side is what confuses me.

Example 1:
Let’s say I have a site I am building for myself and I want to limit access to content with a subscription (ex. patreon wordpress plugin) and that content is all my original work. In addition to that I would want to sell products (i.e. eBooks, Merch, Clothing). Can I do that with a regular license?

Example 2:
I want to set up a subscription site granting access to watch videos and/or take online courses. Is that doable under the regular license or would I need an extended license?

Old Topic

Hi @StageHam,

You can get in touch with Envato elements customer success they would like to assist you with an official answer.

Thanks!