HTML Template Hard Rejection - Request for Feedback (a Taillwind HTML Template)

I hope this message finds you well.

I recently received a hard rejection for my first HTML template submission and would appreciate your professional insights.

The demo link is TechMetal - industry and Engineering HTML5 Template

Your feedback is invaluable, and I am committed to refining my work based on your suggestions. Thank you.

With respect there is a lot of issues here -

Design basics like typography, alignment, spacing and hierarchy all need thinking about throughout the site

Styling feels very ‘off the shelf’ and lacks premium or modern execution

The page layouts lack refinement or purpose and again just feel like standard layouts

All the home pages are basically the sae page with some different colours and images

None of the blog previews link to anything

There’s nothing unique or preium in terms of features or functionality. It’s all standard stuff just with engineering assets and content

Look at similar category and recent items Engineering HTML Website Templates | ThemeForest and the attention to detail and versatility

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your valuable insight! I appreciate your thoughtful feedback on the design aspects such as typography, alignment, spacing, and hierarchy. Your comments on the styling and layout execution are duly noted, and I’ll certainly take them into consideration to enhance the overall look and feel.

I understand your point about the similarity in home pages and the lack of uniqueness or premium features. Your suggestion to explore similar category items on ThemeForest for inspiration is duly noted, and I’ll definitely review them for ideas.

I’ll also address the issue with the blog previews not linking to anything – that’s an oversight on my part.

Your feedback is immensely helpful in identifying areas for improvement, and I’ll work on refining the design, incorporating more premium elements, and ensuring better functionality.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. It’s truly appreciated, and I’m committed to making the necessary enhancements based on your suggestions.

I saw lot of issues with your HTML. Some of those issues are enough for hard rejection.

1. Logo is not clickable.

2. Your menu are basic in typography, spacing, etc. So you should improve those. I see you used Montserrat font that is not looking good here.

3. Try to change the heading fonts. Make it look professional.

4. Use better-quality photos of the slider.

5. Make welcome section’s photo bigger.

6. There are some spacing problems. The top section space should become bigger than the bottom section space:

7. The contact form, partner logos, footer elements color, etc. does not look good.

There are many more issues. So make the theme look better and modern. Check the newly approved designs in Themeforest. You will understand.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I want to express my gratitude for providing such a detailed review of my HTML template. Your methodical approach in delineating all identified issues with clarity and conciseness has proven to be incredibly beneficial. Moreover, the inclusion of screenshots to illustrate specific issues is especially helpful.

Once again , I am fully dedicated to implementing the necessary improvements based on your valuable suggestions.

1 Like

If the item was good enough for approval, he would get a soft rejection and been asked to fix the problems. This is not true.

This theme has lackings that are enough for hard rejection. When looking is good enough for an item, then soft rejection comes for other issues like latest jquery usage, multiple jquery in one folder or responsive issue etc.

1 Like