How I made this orchestral music track - Revealing the secrets of Floating Balloons

Recently I made a free masterclass how to create realistic orchestral mockups (Free (beginner) masterclass: How To Write Orchestral Music For Film). I talked about technical aspects, composing, orchestration and production. Many loved it and it was really appreciated.

Now I’m starting a new series of videos. And these are going to be a very interesting! We dive into the little details. Revealing secrets that will help you compose orchestral music. I’ll be talking about the psychological aspects of writing orchestral music (or music in general). Inspiration. The blank sheet. The idea. The development. Finishing. But also how does my brain as a composer work. How do I make choices. All based on my orchestral music track Floating Balloons. Which you can dissect, rebuild and study in the greatest amount of detail.

This is the first (announcement) video: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTv6R51wpEYjc-hn4hud8G2ZRod6XxKgc

4 Likes

This video is about the first 7 seconds of my orchestral music track Floating Balloons. The first 6 bars. There is a story to tell about this intro. It has all to do with establishing a psychological connection with my listener. And maybe it has something to do with my background too :wink:

Most of the orchestral samples have been pre-positioned in the libraries we use. So they sound naturally left (the violins for example) or naturally right (the cellos for example). But what if you want to reposition the instrument? Well, in this video I show you a simple trick to reposition the instrument in the best way you can. Not by using panning, but by actually swapping the entire signal from one side to another.