How did you get your first Featured Item ?

Welcome to the world of Envato.

Whoever came with the ‘jungle’ in the name… ☆ Genius! And sad.

Nice to know that Envato is still highlighting Christmas tracks at the end of February lol

That’s because the Featured Author system automatically chooses the 3 top selling items in that author’s portfolio. It’s not a curated list. It’s just poor luck for Turpak unfortunately.

1 Like

If I were in Turpak’s position I’d be so annoyed lol. Envato is like a billion dollar company but they can’t be bothered to make a curated list of featured content for their HOME PAGE and instead rely on an automatic system to do it? I dunno… if I were running a company there is no way I would ever allow the home page of my website to feature items that have no relevance to buyers. But I guess that’s just me

1 Like

Good day! I am surprised to hear such thoughts from an elite author. But I have the same thoughts. Before, I really wanted to do something new, it took a long time but the content was super unique and found its own niche. Now it just doesn’t pay off the time spent, so you have to do what customers want. But for me it doesn’t sound like creativity. Personally, if there was an opportunity, I would choose:
fewer tracks with higher quality are better than more tracks with lower quality. but the search algorithm seems to be thinking the other way around.

How cool it was, you are wildly lucky)

And I thought you already got it, I didn’t even notice that this badge is not there. surprisingly, they still haven’t given (((

What is so surprising? There are only 52 slots per year and over 20,000 authors. Most authors will never have a “featured item”.

@SmartSounds . I do not believe in luck, mate. The track already did well. I believe in work and consistence. Not numbers but quality.

Almost 20 days and staff don’t seem to want to grace us with their insight. Meanwhile, the same four tracks still have their sweet first spot, the very first one clearly having somehow bought their ratings. @KingDog @BenLeong, care to explain? Or are you going to keep ignoring us, and more importantly leave the situation as it is in its unfairly static glory?

1 Like

Heya. Sorry we weren’t ignoring you, just trying to get the right people who might know that correct answer. Both Ben and I don’t have any say in the featured items side of things :grin:

And there’s nothing to suggest any artificial rating boost or shady tricks (it’s been looked into).

Sounds like an ordeal. Isn’t there an organigram that you can refer to? (I’m teasing)

Nothing, really? How can such a high ratio be explained though? That many ratings for this sales number is unheard of on AJ. The author clearly used some kind of incentive to get them. Now, it may very well be within what’s allowed, but the fact remains that the very first exposure spot has been taken by an author who gamed the system and they’re not going to lose that spot, as it’s very unlikely any track will reach those ratings numbers.

My bad, my post was a derailment from the OP. This is not about featured items but about the first exposure spot that is populated by best rated items which simply doesn’t work in the context of AJ and which has the consequences described above.

1 Like