How Authors use social media: SoundCloud

Thanks for getting back to me - I’m also on a Pro subscription, but it looks like they’re phasing it out of the new look for SC:

https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/how-do-i-add-an-isrc-number-to-my-tracks

Hm, that strange!
Whatever, I guess you can monetize your tracks through your digital distributor, as I said above.
Glad I can help! :wink:

Thank you very much for this so great article TitanSlayer,
it would be super incredible if later could you do another article on how to distribute music through other channels for public as Itunes, Beaport etc etc ?. (It seems like some authors like me are losing us the way to squeeze a little more the oranges)

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very appreciate mate!
Yeah, for sure this would be awesome, hope one day I can do this! :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

Great article! Thanks for sharing! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, looks useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very interesting, thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Being a Soundcloud user myself I find it very interesting and informative. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Soundcloud is good tool, absolutely agree!

1 Like

Thank you for this article, are you not affraid to have your tracks stolen without watermarks ???

1 Like

Hey PinkCrossStudio,
Good question! You know, there are lots of examples when huge companies steal our music even with watermark, so… I would say it is better to provide clean sound without watermark (and for sure without “download” button!) for potential customers.

Cheers! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for this article! Before I read this, I had no clue what to do on Soundcloud.
(other than upload tracks and have them sit there lol!)

What are the main features you use in your pro account? For instance do you use any
of the extensive stats to determine a plan of action for marketing?

1 Like

Hey BisonTracks,
Glad you liked my article!
Well, one of the main feature that I can “spotlight” my best tracks. And since I have digital distributor I monetize my tracks.

Nice article!!! ; -)

1 Like

Very useful! Thanks a lot for this article! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your article! Very useful and interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Big Thanks for information, TitanSlayer. Everything clear and helpful :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thank you very much for this! :smiley:

1 Like

Just an info what i have been told by my digital distributor (can’t claim 100% correctness tho):

Soundcloud will change it’s “model” in 2016 in various ways. On thing is, that they will allow for monetizing AND digital fingerprinting / content ID managing like on Youtube. To be able to use this service, you will need to have a digital distributor, as individual you can’t register for that service (similar to Adrev for Youtube). Soundcloud will also be a paid service for everyone, no more free basic accounts in the future as it look.

I am using for all this services one company: http://www.imusiciandigital.com/en/ contact them if you have any questions, they are very friendly and helpful. I had a far better experience than with Adrev (just my personal opinion).

Thanks everyone

3 Likes

Thanks for article and stats!
Is Soundcloud may be used to attract referrals by tracks of other authors (with jungle audiomark)? Or is it solely the author’s playground?