I just started this journey and my goal is to start making a living within a half year composing music for audio jungle. I am very confident in the quality of my music and compositional/production skills, but don't know much about the business side of things yet.
Looking forward to being a part of this community and learn from all of you, as well as contribute anyway I can. If I can help you with anything let me know.
I am wondering how those of you who are making a living do it...
- selling just on audio jungle or you have more income streams?
- how are you promoting yourself? I have a hunch that relying on audio jungle searches is not enough for most...no?
- you make just tracks, or also sound effects?
- should I sell individual tracks or focus on making packs?
- how should i arrange my music to make it easy for video editors to cut to it?
- what are the most determining factors if someone finds my tracks useful in a production? how do i optimize for this?
- how necessary is it to focus on certain styles that sell?
I want to focus on making the music that I am best at and enjoy the most, which is epic cinematic music.
So here I am, sort of a newbie in all of this, but determined to reach my goals.
Will be very grateful for any advice you guys can give me. Thank you.