Hard Rejected | Need your feedback

Hi Everyone,

This is my second theme that was first soft reject (3 times) and then hard rejected. Is it really bad design enough to be rejected? Your feedback is important to me.

Demo URL: acon – Event Directory WordPress Theme

Thanks in advance.

I think you was lucky for having soft reject, Overall quality seems low especially if you check on large screen:

• Your header seems unfinished I would suggest to learn about the Z pattern

• Add more space to your header so it can breath 16px can work with less information

• You need to work more on visual hierarchy especially for buttons and inputs

• Typography needs more work find better font pairing and work more on hierarchy, Also too much letter spacing makes it hard for scanning the page

• Images looks pixelated and really bad on retina screens, Example: acon-Event-D — ImgBB

• Design consistent: there is many different styles for buttons and inputs. and spacing doesn’t match from section to section

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to feedback. @BeSquares

Hello @themecube, Actually you don’t understand the market Place Design Standards. To understand that Please compare your product with the newest items approved in the marketplace then you itself reject your own item. I hope you will understand the market trends.

I can tell you a simple way to get accept is that your product should beat the newest product approved in the marketplace in terms of design.

Themeforest requires the design not your coding. if you fail in terms of design They will hard reject you. if you fail in the terms of coding they will soft reject you

Actions you should take

Compare your design with the newest theme approved in TF

Compare your typography with the newest theme approved in TF

I hope you will understand the marketplace :+1::+1::+1:

Kind Regards
Ahshan

1 Like